Want friends and supoort. Day 3

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Gel and I'm very unhealthy. I'm almost 300 and only 5'7". My goal is to lose at least a pound a week. I've lost one pound since I started. I have type two diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, and a bad back. This is at only 25. The doctor says I need to lose weight or I'll be very crippled soon. I need a lot of help and support. Inexpensive delicious but healthy recipes, low impact exercise advice, and support will be much appreciated. I will share my recipes and support too. Please add me!

Replies

• danielamariaxo
    Options
    Hey! I'm here if you ever need support! Ive struggled with motivation but I think this is going to help me! Add me!
  • Griff257
    Griff257 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Gel,
    I just joined today. Preventing getting diabetes is one of my motivations too! You can do it!

Griff
  • Gelasia
    Gelasia Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you Griff. I think I need to crash now so I can get up early enough to walk before it gets hot. Please feel free to friend me.
  • Rockontoothpicks
    Options
    Gel this site is amazing. With the support of the friends you make on here and the database that steers you away from the wrong foods and habits you will soon be on your way to making your goal. My girlfriend and I started together on here and we have lost 27 pounds each. And that is just since the beginning of the year. It works...trust us
  • Kmit3654
    Kmit3654 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Gel. First of all good work in taking control of the situation- the fact you are even on here and thinking about change is a sign it has already started. I have been using this for around a month now and it REALLY works! I have lost around 3 kilos (6.6 pounds) in that time. I am trying to loose around 60 pounds in all and would be happy to share & swap what has/has not worked as well as recepies and help motivate each other. Feel free to add me also.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    hey. way to go for starting! can get some great support here, and it's helped me a lot staying motivated.

good luck on your weight loss! you can do it! :smile:
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I added you. I'm 25 with a lot of weight to lose, too. We can do it! This site is great. I love all the support I have gotten.
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gel,

I am here for you and anyone else who needs it. MFP has given me the most awesome support. My food diary is open with recipes and stuff. Feel free to add me or anyone else who reads this. I respond as much as I can. At least once a day.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i will help ... lets make it happen ... feel free to add ... goes for any one ..
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Gel,
    My name is Karen, and I am a type 1 insulin-dependent diabetic. I've had diabetes for 35 years, so I have lots of recipes. What do you like to eat? You might enjoy the G.I. Diet Cookbook by Antony Thompson. The emphasis here is on healthy carbs and each recipe includes the nuitritional breakdown. Please feel free to email me if you every want to chat.
  • Kmit3654
    Kmit3654 Posts: 3
    Options
    By the way I am a vegetarian and gluten intollerant- I am happy to share recepies for anyone with food allergies out there- I know it can be tough to find TASTY food that does not contain wheat or gluten.
  • packersfn7
    packersfn7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    By the way I am a vegetarian and gluten intollerant- I am happy to share recepies for anyone with food allergies out there- I know it can be tough to find TASTY food that does not contain wheat or gluten.
    I'm vegetarian...not gluten allergy, but trying to stay away. What's your favorite recipe?
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hey, congrats to deciding to make a change for the better, that's what we're all doing here. I'm pretty new to this site too, any one please feel free to add me.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. Congrats on taking this first big step into entering into a new lifestyle.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great start by joining this website! I joined it a little over 2 months ago. I am addicted to this site. I am not the best cook, so I can't give you good recipes. But, great exercise videos are Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. Her videos are very easy to follow and easy on the body.
  • kendall7187
    Options
    Feel Free to Add me for some help and motovation
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I lost 80lb (the first 20 on my own, the last 60 here) and been at my goal since Nov 2011. FR's always welcome !
  • DawnBYuchiLettyJJ918
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. But I'm right there with ya (almost literally..) I just had my 25th BDay and I'm 335 lbs. I've been prescribed High Blood Pressure, Water Weight, and Anti-Depressant Pills. I already downloaded the app to my blackberry..I'm ready to keep track & stay accounted for. It'd be nice to have some friends on here that are as motivated and determined as me. I made a announcement on my FB of what I wanna do & my actual friends gave encouraging words; yet I'm kinda "alone" :( anyways, yeah...thought I'd introduce myself...
  • earthmother1
    earthmother1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gel, great job. Day 3!!!! By the time you get this, it will be Day 4! Whenever you need a little encouragement, definitely let me know. Keep your inspirations--your family--in your mind and heart always. That is the best motivation of all!! Be blessed today!:heart: