Baked Crab Rangoon

Options
These come out to about 55cals each and I can't wait to try them. I have never made them so input on this would be great thanks.

Ingredients

Light Soft Cream Cheese, 2 container (16 tbsp ea.)
Sour Cream (Light) 1/4cup
Onions - Raw, 1 small OR half bunch of green onions
Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
Imitation Crab, 1lbs.
Wonton Wrappers, 1 container (48 wrappers ea.)
Splenda (R) (Granular) - 6 Tsp(to taste I might use splenda sugar blend)

*Might add soy and Worcestershire sauce

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, onion, garlic powder, and sugar in a bowl, and beat until soft and well mixed. Lightly stir in the flaked imitation crab meat.
Fill a bowl with lukewarm water. Remove a wonton wrapper from the stack, and cover the stack with a damp paper towel to keep the wrappers from drying out. With your finger, wet two adjoining edges of the wrapper with water, and place about 2 teaspoons of filling in the center. Fold the wrapper into a triangle shape, pressing out all the air and sealing the edges well. Place the filled wonton on the prepared baking sheet while you finish filling and folding the wontons.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the wonton edges turn brown and crisp. Serve immediately.

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I could make these without the crab? I LOOOOOVE cream cheese wontons!
  • chelsearae85
    Options
    I don't see why not. I might try a dozen or so like that before I add the crab in
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. I might try a dozen or so like that before I add the crab in

Do you think it would make the consistency funky? I have a shellfish allergy and I have to be really careful of what I eat...I have had crab rangoon without a reaction before, but I prefer just not to eat the crab at all lol. I've pretty much cut most seafood out of my diet because I get squeamish about it now.
  • chelsearae85
    Options

Do you think it would make the consistency funky? I have a shellfish allergy and I have to be really careful of what I eat...I have had crab rangoon without a reaction before, but I prefer just not to eat the crab at all lol. I've pretty much cut most seafood out of my diet because I get squeamish about it now.
    Not sure, my guy has a shellfish allergy too but he eats imitation without a reaction. Well with my luck he will have one this time since I'm cooking with it lol.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks for posting.
  • Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Is this the recipe from Hungry Girl? If so I made these a week or two ago... and it was only okay... not as good as I was hoping for. But, it might not be the same recipe? Good luck!
  • chelsearae85
    Options
    Is this the recipe from Hungry Girl? If so I made these a week or two ago... and it was only okay... not as good as I was hoping for. But, it might not be the same recipe? Good luck!
    I found a few different recipes, none from hungry girl, and put together one I thought I would like.
    But just for an update I made these tonight only used 1Tbsp splenda(not enough) and added some ground ginger(wished I had fresh). Fixing that and taking out the onion next time they'll be great. Will make again.
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just made Baked Crab Rangoon tonight! Not the same recipe, but I think this one would be even better!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I found a few different recipes, none from hungry girl, and put together one I thought I would like.
    But just for an update I made these tonight only used 1Tbsp splenda(not enough) and added some ground ginger(wished I had fresh). Fixing that and taking out the onion next time they'll be great. Will make again.

Oooh, then I'll definitely have to try! Thanks! :)
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I never use any crab or anything but cream cheese (garden vegetable spread) in mine. They are delicious - a lot of flavor! My kiddos love them :-)
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • colleenb52
    colleenb52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    yum! these would be so much fun to serve at a party!
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump... Thanks!
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love crab rangoons! At the buffet thier at least half my plate! It literally saddend me to think about cutting them out completely so a big thanks!!

I :heart: Crab Rangoons!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm on them like a crab on a chicken leg on a drop line! Thanks for that!