Wedding dress doesnt fit! :(

Options
I have been working out like crazy and eating as best as I possibly can for the last 2 months and I still and not losing weight!!!! This is getting depressing. I am running out of time. I am running on the tredmill, using the elliptical, arc trainer and the bikes. I have been lifing, squating and everything in between. I only have 2 more months to fit in my in my dress!! Help?!?!?

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    is your diet correct? 700 calories today?? if so increase how much you eat.. your body is probably in starvation mode.
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my diet today isnt correct no. I didnt really track over the weekend.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    is your diet correct? 700 calories today?? if so increase how much you eat.. your body is probably in starvation mode.

Agreed! I went back a few days in your diary...assuming you are logging everything,you should definitely eat more. A minimum of 1200 is best for EVERYONE! If you're eating less than that daily, it's unlikely you'll loose anything and possibly gain.

It can sometimes seem like not eating much will be a faster way to loose weight but really it does more harm than good if you aren't getting at least 1200.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    did you really not eat anything at all yesterday and just pop tarts the day before? if so, you're definitely heading in the wrong direction and need to eat some more!
    you might want to try "cleaning up" your diet. otherwise, just be patient! if you're really being diligent with your diet and exercise, things will happen.
    also, if you're lifting weights, you might be putting on some muscle. try taking measurements instead of going by the scale!
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How close are you to fitting the dress? I had this EXACT same problem before my wedding and I was so stressed out about it I felt like calling the whole thing off. Then I took the dress and had it let out so that it fit me and I stopped worrying about it and I had a wonderful day on my wedding :) You know, even if you don't reach that number on the scale, you are going to be beautiful on your wedding day! You don't need more things to be worried about in the final 2 months before your big day. Don't stress over it, just get the dress altered and let the worries go, I say!
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you do the diary we can help you better
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Im not trying to be negative.. but looking at your diary - your choices arent the best for the last few days - unless you havent logged everything- try upping your non processed foods and lower the sodium - drink lots of water to count for that. your body needs at least 1200 net calories ( that's over and above exercise cals) to function.

try raising your cal's and hopefully you'll see results.. nice fresh foods and lean protein - you'll get the results you need.
    good luck -
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of processed crap in your diary. I would rethink your eating.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight either in a long time and have been super depressed about it but I did lose 15 inches. Are you losing inches maybe? Also, just this weekend I lost a bunch of weight from nowhere so maybe your body will adjust?
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    How close are you to fitting the dress? I had this EXACT same problem before my wedding and I was so stressed out about it I felt like calling the whole thing off. Then I took the dress and had it let out so that it fit me and I stopped worrying about it and I had a wonderful day on my wedding :) You know, even if you don't reach that number on the scale, you are going to be beautiful on your wedding day! You don't need more things to be worried about in the final 2 months before your big day. Don't stress over it, just get the dress altered and let the worries go, I say!
    I'm sorry if you don't fit it but I agree with this! Be happy, no matter how you look! You're marrying the love of your life and he loves you no matter how you look. :) No stress!! :flowerforyou:
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options
    I only looked back maybe a week into your diary but maybe it could be the foods your eating?

I think a big component most people overlook is what foods they eat. From experience no matter how much you work out or how many calories you are eating it makes a HUGE difference on what types of foods you eat. I would suggest to eat clean, suuuper clean...and cut WAY back on sugar.

like 3 months ago before i changed and started eating clean i would use the eliptical for an hour every single day, and didnt really eat over 2000 calories, but in those calories was lots of processed foods and junk food (sugar). After MONTHS of using the eliptical so much I really didnt see any results at all...3 months ago i changed and now eat super clean, i try to cut out the sugar as much as possible and i have definetly seen results!!!
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too, I ended up getting my dress let out a little and was much less stressed. Also, if you're determined to lose it, try going much more in a natural direction with your diet. I know you said you didn't record everything over the weekend, but there's quite a bit of processed food. Try doing as much as you possibly can from scratch so you're getting more natural ingredients.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Other than diet (which everyone has mentioned, and is the main reason you're not losing weight), exactly how much are you working out? If you're just going through the motions, you won't see any results. If you're training too hard, you won't see any results (overtraining).

After looking at your food diary, I'd say its probably the reason. You can workout all day long, but if you put junk in your body, you're negating all of your hard work. Doritos, cookies, and pop tarts aren't good if you're trying to lose weight.
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How much do you need to lose? The stress and all the running around the week of I lost like 8 pounds. I had to diaper pin my dress to my bustier. I bet as soon as you chill a bit and quit focusing on it so much you will start losing
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary too. Sorry to sound judgemental, but i didn't see one single bit of fresh fruit or vegetables. Even the meats you are eating are highly processed.

And from what i understand, diet sodas are really not good for you and impact both what you subsequently feel like eating and how your body processes nutrients.

Also, either you are not drinking water or you are not tracking it.

You can exercise all you want, but if you don't eat healthy clean food, you will struggle to be healthy.

One suggestion i would make is to pick one meal and make it all fresh veggies and fruit. A big chopped salad. And for dressing, use a squeeze of lemon juice and some cracked pepper. Maybe add some really lean meat too, like some baked white fish, or even canned tuna (water packed and try to find low sodium). Fill yourself with that stuff as full as you can. Then plan your other meals around that one big shot of really clean good food.

Good luck!
  • valpreston
    Options
    my diet today isnt correct no. I didnt really track over the weekend.

Doesn't look like you are very good at tracking your food and that could be the problem. That and the fact that you are making poor food choices. I noticed a number of high sodium/high sugar foods. Instead of using tortilla wraps, choose to use whole lettuce leaves. You should also combine a complex carb (whole grains, brown rices, whole grain bread) with a lean protein (skinless chicken breast - not deli meat). Try to incorporate beans into your foods as protein. If you choose greek yogurt - no fake sweetener, better to choose real sugar - you get more protein (less fillers like cornstarch). And skip the sodas, diet or otherwise. Instead of kettle popcorn, choose a 94% fat free type (its still kind of salty)

You need to take the time to plan your meals, and prepare items ahead of time - I make buckwheat pancakes and baked oatmeal on the weekend to have for breakfast through out the week (when I have to get out the door to work). I also have containers to hold 2-3 cups of mixed greens. I cook up more brown rice and quinoa to add cooked chicken or tuna to for lunches.

For as long as I have had children and a full time job, I have done menu planning on the weekend. It just makes things easier - so I don't have to figure out "What's for dinner". Since the kids have grown and left home, I am now focussing on meal planning for a healthier lifestyle (I still make meals for the kids, so they are eating healthy too).
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough. Are you measuring yourself too? Have you lost any inches at all?
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Cut out ALL of your steady-state cardio and replace it with short (20 minutes or so) sessions of high intensity interval training.
    (if you go to a gym, check out a circuit class if offered)

Continue to lift has heavy as you can, low reps, three sets, full body, three times a week with a FULL rest day in between lifting days.
    Do your high intensity interval type cardio AFTER lifting, not before.
    Eat one gram of lean protein per pound of lean body mass.
    Get a lot of sleep.
    Avoid as much sugar as you can.
    Eat about 1500-1800 calories per day (INCLUDING exercise calories)
    This works every time for me.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Tues 1390 - 290 = 1100 net

Wed 1538

Thurs 1580 Pizza and a pop tart for breakfast

Fri -tues blank

Thurs 1210 - 895 burn = 315 net (13 grams of protein for the whole day)

Fri 1310 -760 burn = 550 net

Sat 1961 -822 burn = 1139
    (900 of the calories on this day came from alchohol)

Sun 1560 One mexican restaurent meal for the whole day

Mon 1630 which consisted of one burger and a milkshake thingie for the whole day

Tues 1328 - 755 burn = 573 net

Wed 1034

Thurs 1026

Friday 410
    Kellogs Pop Tart - Frosted Cherry, 2 pastry
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr. Pepper - 12 oz Can, 1 can
    Please tell me that you are just a huge slacker with food entry and that wasn't really what you ate for the whole day.

Sat blank
    Sun 770

You are not the first person to think "I lose weight by eating less and exercising so if I eat almost nothing and do extreme cardio workouts I will lose even more!"

Ok so you have 8 weeks left to go and how much do you need to lose?
    I get the whole pressure of the wedding thing. Its a big expense, you want to look beautiful in your photos. Everything must be perfect.

First you need to look at the worst case scenerio, what if you don't lose this weight in time? You need a plan apart from "I must lose this weight". Assume that you aren't going to make that deadline get over the whole freakout of that idea and come up with a sane plan. Can that dress be adjusted? If it can what is the deadline for you to get it adjusted? If it can't be adjusted and you dont fit into you better have another backup plan. Friend who still has their wedding dress, finding out the cost of hiring another, whatever.

Then work out your BMR and your TDEE
    Eat less than your TDEE but more than your BMR.
    If you do a cardio burn on top of that eat those back.

Your body may take a few weeks to adjust to being treated properly before you start to lose weight again which brings you pretty damn close to your wedding day but at the moment what you are doing isnt working for you.

While yes you can eat a diet consisting of twinkies and still lose weight if you are eating at a deficit, a vegetable occasionally won't hurt you. (Your body will like it).

Good luck and whatever happens I hope its a wonderful day for you and you future husband.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I'd say eat more and eat (at least mostly) clean.... And strength train-lift heavy!