Anyone watching this show More to Love??

Options
It's really making me angry. These girls are talking about how they've never been loved, never had a date, and all that other stuff just because they're fat. To me it just seems to be making fun of bigger people. To me its saying "Well if you're overweight and you don't get 'skinny' than you're going to have to go on a reality show to ever find love" I mean I guess the intent was to have a show with "real" people but really it seems insulting. It'd be different if they chose women who were successful independent and not so focused on the fact that they've never really had any romantic relationship. I mean I've never been in a real romantic relationship but instead of trying to get attention on national television I'm trying to better myself inside and out and focus on my education and my independence.
Sorry if this offends anyone and if no one else understands what I mean. I guess I'm just ranting.

Replies

• alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sickening- I turned the channel. I don't like any of those shows personally, but this one is just really bad. I can't believe they would do a show like this. (okay I can, but I don't like it)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I caught some of the show. I didn't see any sign that the girls are recognized as special or lovable just like they are.
    What about holding out for Unconditional Love?
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hate all these stupid reality shows anyways. But, when I see the commercials for this show, I think, why do they have a fat guy and fat girls?! Don't they know there's tons of buff, cut, handsome men who LOVE a woman with meat on her bones and curves?! And vice versa!

:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    agreed - I only heard like 1 girl who was actually happy with having ''more to love'' i don't get it. :indifferent:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I was thinking the SAME thing.

And yeah, why the big guy?
    He's a cutie, but it's like they did a heavy version of 'The Bachelor' with these girls who for the most part aren't even comfortable in their own skin!

What kind of message is that sending out?
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    And one other thing.
    Why was it necessary to show each girl's height & weight at the bottom of the screen?
    Would they do that if it was a normal stupid reality show with the size-2 girls they were talking about?
    Of course not.

It just makes the whole thing a spectacle in my opinion, 'Oh, look at these fat people trying to find love!'

Sigh.

I had high hopes for that show.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I was thinking the SAME thing.

And yeah, why the big guy?
    He's a cutie, but it's like they did a heavy version of 'The Bachelor' with these girls who for the most part aren't even comfortable in their own skin!

What kind of message is that sending out?

The age-old American message. "You can't be happy unless you're skinny, beautiful, and rich."

Don't get me wrong, we're all on here to change our weight, be healthier and probably by extension, happier. But come on America what happened to being happy with who you are?
  • keiche
    keiche Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. How totally insulting to ALL women...no matter the size. I watched for about 1 minute...enough to see how really sad and degrading it was. What a shame. Instead of celebrating "real" women, they make them look pitiful. Boycotting that show for sure. Lets just hope it doesn't make it more than 1 season....if that.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I've never heard of this show. What channel is it on? Although, from what you've all said, it sounds like I would be just as aggravated by it as you all are :angry:

exercise.png
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    Its on FOX. It just premiered tonight. I don't recommend it.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    That explains it. I don't usually watch FOX, but I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else.

exercise.png
  • zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I agreee with the whys of putting their height and weight on the show. They didn't do that for Jillian on the Bachlorette. Ridiculous!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the wonders of time zones, I read this post about 20 minutes after the show started on my local fox affiliate.(PDT) I am watching as I write this, and I have to agree with what has been said so far, but I am not a fan of "reality tv" in the first place. If it weren't for PBS and the news, my tv would sit, except for movies.

Let us hope this exploitive show dies a quick death, and that those who participate don't have any lasting scares from the experience.