Wedding dress doesnt fit! :(

Options

Replies

• QuixoticPanda
    QuixoticPanda Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I looked at your diary and I found your problem!

You aren't eating enough calories! You need to eat AT LEAST 1200 a day. And that is still not enough. You will notice weight loss once you start eating more.

Also, they stuff you ARE eating is terrible. I didn't see one good nutritional food item in your diary.

I've lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. (which is normal). Check out my diary and see what I've been eating.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    As others have already mentioned you are not really eating enough - or good quality food for that matter.
    There is a saying "Losing weight is done 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym"

Also incorporate some strength training as well as cardio in your exercise plan - even if you don't lose weight you normally actually lose some inches along the way.

Good luck - you can do this - but you will need to start making some changes to your diet (and that does not mean eating less!!)
    More vegetables, salads, wholegrain carbs and good quality protein works every time.....well for me anyways - and my pals that has been successfull at this lark.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Maybe do a cleanse? Idk if they're really that good as they sound, but I know a lot of people that swear by them.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You are such a beautiful young lady and you're going to be a stunning bride. I hope you stop stressing about weight and start focusing on health. It's a whole different mindset, and you've got a bright, promising future that you want to be healthy and energetic enough to tackle. Right?

I'm much older, but I just got married last May. I told myself I could have a perfect wedding, or a fun wedding. I opted for the fun wedding, and I will never regret having made that choice. :-)

Congratulations and I wish you and your future husband all the best.
  • speifer2
    speifer2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Calories aside, the foods you are eating aren't good. They don't have nutrition. I see lots of junk like nachos and pop tarts. Start making your food at home and eat around 1,200 a day (no less). Keep working out while eating like that and it will come off quickly.
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    On the 9th of March you ate an Apple. Since that day there are no fresh fruit or vegetable entries in your diary that I can find. Like many of the other replies you really need to rethink what you eat. I am sure you can make your goal but you need to cut out all the processed foods you are you eating.
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Does your dress not fit or is it not what you envision? If you eat 1000-1200 a day you will lose. That is what I eat and then with exercise it becomes less. I'm not trying to lose weight at this point just stay the same. You need to be realistic about your goals and what your body will handle. If you have gainned a siginficate amount so that the dress truely doesn't fit a good seamstress can take care of it
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if you were serious about this you would make the time to log your food. There is no magic button here. It takes work and dedication. It's a a part time job.

You're a lovely young woman and even if it's a mere 5lbs to lose, it takes dedication and effort. I don't see either.

None the less, i wish you the very best. Truly.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are using to track your exercises calories. If its MFP, i'd only count about 75% of the calories it shows. The sight usually over estimates, especially on the elliptical.
    But also, what everyone else is saying, you need more nutritious foods, rather than junk. Try eating more protein and less processed foods.

Good luck. :)
  • totallybrenda
    totallybrenda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try to shock your body. I have seen this work for people. By shocking your body I mean one day eat more calories and one day eat a little less but don't go crazy low either. Also, I remember when I got married the week before my dress didn't fit, not even close!!! and the day of the wedding I wore so much stuff to make sure I was skinnier and was very uncomfortable. You are probably wondering where I'm going with this since it doesn't sound very comforting. But after the ceremony I took most of it off and only work the normal under garmets that belong under the dress and it fit and I was comfortable. Relax.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if you were serious about this you would make the time to log your food. There is no magic button here. It takes work and dedication. It's a a part time job.

You're a lovely young woman and even if it's a mere 5lbs to lose, it takes dedication and effort. I don't see either.

^^^ couldnt have said it better ... your diary shows a lack of seriousness
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i didnt even look at your diary but I know your not eating enough, I did the same thing and as soon as i started eating over the 1200 calories i started losing pounds. feel free to add me if you want , good luck with the wedding, my daughter is getting married July so I know how you are feeling about losing.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    As everyone has said: make your intake "clean" and make the cardio count. BUT when it comes to fitting into something in a pinch...

YOGA

I would really recommend doing yoga. I did Bikram for a month and it got me comfortably into a bridesmaid dress that originally I could barely get into by myself (I think the sample at the store may have been a little stretched out because I had lost weight since my fitting and the dress was WAY tighter).

The hot yoga (like I did) could be risky for bloating, but doing FOCUSED, DAILY yoga will tighten you up.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also make sure you are eating steady meals a day. Doesn't matter if its 3 or 6! Yes, I agree with the others that junk is probably not the best. But I honestly think/believe as long as you balance it out with fruits, vegetables, dairy, protein, you should be good as long as you are eating enough food. Also, don't let the other things get you down. You may not lose the whole 46 you want to lose by your wedding date, but keep in mind, don't let the weight stress you out about the wedding. The most important thing that day is you and him.

Good luck! Don't give up!
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I Didnt track much this weekend (for everyone looking at my past couple days) Even though I didnt track I did stay somewhat on track. I normally have an apple every day. Eaching fresh sandwhiches etc. And when I workout I am pushing myself as hard as I can go until I can go any more.
  • themsbauer
    Options

^^^ couldnt have said it better ... your diary shows a lack of seriousness

Just because I am not tracking on here doesnt mean I am not watching what I am eating or not working out. I am still working out 4-5 days a week and watching what I am eating. If I wasnt serious about it I wouldnt be tracking my doritos. I am not gong to lie and cheat myself by not tracking it just to make my diaries look cleaner. I understand what you are saying though, I am not totally eating the best as I could be. I know that I am not eathing enough. It is also hard figuring out how much I should be eating on the days I workout. I typcially do not eat my exercise calories back.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think if you tracked what you are eating properly, you would find the problem.

You may find you are consuming far more calories than you think.

Its the things you dont think really "count" that can be your undoing.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You're eating way too many carbs and not enough protein. you need to go reset it in your goals and hit customize. your protein should be around 75-135 (some ppl say 50-100). Protein needs to be close to half your body weight, sugar needs to be between 30 and 40. calories need to be at least 1200. Some people find the zig zag pattern to be good. one day eat 1200 one day eat 1500. and drink half your body weight in water daily (so if you weight 200, drink 100oz of water a day). Keep your sodium below 2,500 but I try to keep mine a little let than that. if you go over in sugar and sodium, make sure you drink a lot more water than normal. eat more snacks. eat more health things. lean meats, veggies, and fruits.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Tues 1390 - 290 = 1100 net

Wed 1538

Thurs 1580 Pizza and a pop tart for breakfast

Fri -tues blank

Thurs 1210 - 895 burn = 315 net (13 grams of protein for the whole day)

Fri 1310 -760 burn = 550 net

Sat 1961 -822 burn = 1139
    (900 of the calories on this day came from alchohol)

Sun 1560 One mexican restaurent meal for the whole day

Mon 1630 which consisted of one burger and a milkshake thingie for the whole day

Tues 1328 - 755 burn = 573 net

Wed 1034

Thurs 1026

Friday 410
    Kellogs Pop Tart - Frosted Cherry, 2 pastry
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr. Pepper - 12 oz Can, 1 can
    Please tell me that you are just a huge slacker with food entry and that wasn't really what you ate for the whole day.

Sat blank
    Sun 770

You are not the first person to think "I lose weight by eating less and exercising so if I eat almost nothing and do extreme cardio workouts I will lose even more!"

Ok so you have 8 weeks left to go and how much do you need to lose?
    I get the whole pressure of the wedding thing. Its a big expense, you want to look beautiful in your photos. Everything must be perfect.

First you need to look at the worst case scenerio, what if you don't lose this weight in time? You need a plan apart from "I must lose this weight". Assume that you aren't going to make that deadline get over the whole freakout of that idea and come up with a sane plan. Can that dress be adjusted? If it can what is the deadline for you to get it adjusted? If it can't be adjusted and you dont fit into you better have another backup plan. Friend who still has their wedding dress, finding out the cost of hiring another, whatever.

Then work out your BMR and your TDEE
    Eat less than your TDEE but more than your BMR.
    If you do a cardio burn on top of that eat those back.

Your body may take a few weeks to adjust to being treated properly before you start to lose weight again which brings you pretty damn close to your wedding day but at the moment what you are doing isnt working for you.

While yes you can eat a diet consisting of twinkies and still lose weight if you are eating at a deficit, a vegetable occasionally won't hurt you. (Your body will like it).

Good luck and whatever happens I hope its a wonderful day for you and you future husband.

^ This
  • themsbauer
    Options
    Tues 1390 - 290 = 1100 net

Wed 1538

Thurs 1580 Pizza and a pop tart for breakfast

Fri -tues blank

Thurs 1210 - 895 burn = 315 net (13 grams of protein for the whole day)

Fri 1310 -760 burn = 550 net

Sat 1961 -822 burn = 1139
    (900 of the calories on this day came from alchohol)

Sun 1560 One mexican restaurent meal for the whole day

Mon 1630 which consisted of one burger and a milkshake thingie for the whole day

Tues 1328 - 755 burn = 573 net

Wed 1034

Thurs 1026

Friday 410
    Kellogs Pop Tart - Frosted Cherry, 2 pastry
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr. Pepper - 12 oz Can, 1 can
    Please tell me that you are just a huge slacker with food entry and that wasn't really what you ate for the whole day.

Sat blank
    Sun 770

You are not the first person to think "I lose weight by eating less and exercising so if I eat almost nothing and do extreme cardio workouts I will lose even more!"

Ok so you have 8 weeks left to go and how much do you need to lose?
    I get the whole pressure of the wedding thing. Its a big expense, you want to look beautiful in your photos. Everything must be perfect.

First you need to look at the worst case scenerio, what if you don't lose this weight in time? You need a plan apart from "I must lose this weight". Assume that you aren't going to make that deadline get over the whole freakout of that idea and come up with a sane plan. Can that dress be adjusted? If it can what is the deadline for you to get it adjusted? If it can't be adjusted and you dont fit into you better have another backup plan. Friend who still has their wedding dress, finding out the cost of hiring another, whatever.

Then work out your BMR and your TDEE
    Eat less than your TDEE but more than your BMR.
    If you do a cardio burn on top of that eat those back.

Your body may take a few weeks to adjust to being treated properly before you start to lose weight again which brings you pretty damn close to your wedding day but at the moment what you are doing isnt working for you.

While yes you can eat a diet consisting of twinkies and still lose weight if you are eating at a deficit, a vegetable occasionally won't hurt you. (Your body will like it).

Good luck and whatever happens I hope its a wonderful day for you and you future husband.

I have no idea what a TDEE is and I dont remember how to find my bmr