Frustrated

I just had my baby about 7 weeks ago so I am just started my weightloss journey. I still have 10lbs to lose from baby weight, but was already about 40lbs overweight. It's so frustrating knowing how long it will take to lose all of this weight! It is definitely worth the wait to finally feel good about myself. I just hope I can hold on to this motivation! I wish it would only take a couple of weeks instead of several months.

Replies

• stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    I know what you mean! I want to hurry up and magically be skinny. But the it is worth the wait to lose the weight :-) and when weight is lost slowly it is more likely to stay off, good luck with your journey
  • diaz2012
    diaz2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi same here, trying to lose the extra 20lbs i gained with baby, i only started 2weeks ago and havent had any weight lose making matter worse i actually gained while started to excercise, i get soooo frustrated when i see myself and nothing fits just wont my old body back=( but i have learned to keep on going, i motivate my self, it took me nine months to gain so it would probably going to take me that long to lose it and eventually ill succeed, so dont get discouraged keep on going best of luck (^,^)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    I know it's hard when you have a bit to lose and the numbers look huge. The reality is that no matter how much we might wish the weight away, it just isn't going to disappear overnight. I tend to think of it like growing your hair - you can go to bed one night and wish that it would be 5 inches longer tomorrow, its just not going to happen. But, if you are patient, it will grow.
    Same as losing weight - except that you have to do the right things to lose weight, not just sit and wait!

As you only had your baby 7 weeks ago, your body is bound to be a mass of hormones - you've done an incredible thing in bringing a whole new person into the world, so don't be so hard on yourself and expect to be back to prebaby weight in a flash.
    Just eat at a moderate calorie deficit and do some exercise when you can fit it in. If you do these things, you will see results - it just takes a bit of time.

Hang in there!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    If you are nursing your calorie needs are going to be different, so take that into consideration. You can do it!! Remember it takes awhile for the body to truly recover from having a baby, so take your time. Congratulations on the newest member of your family!! Children are a blessing!!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    least you are doing something about it, the way i looked at it was how long it took me to gain all my extra weight, then it feels a bit easier :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    If you are nursing your calorie needs are going to be different, so take that into consideration. You can do it!! Remember it takes awhile for the body to truly recover from having a baby, so take your time. Congratulations on the newest member of your family!! Children are a blessing!!
    This. If you're nursing, weight loss shouldn't be big on your mind. Child's nutrition comes first.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition