Need motivation: so sick of drinking water!

Options
2»

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Are you trying to drink 8 bottles of water a day? I used to think a bottle of water was 8 ounces, but really it is 16 ounces so really if you drink 4 bottles of water a day that is enough. I don't know if most people know this, I know I didn't until just recently.

-Danielle
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    squeeze lime or lemon juice into the water, it's very refreshing. Or use one of the Emergen-C packets.
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, cucumber and lime does sound like spa water! I'm totally going to try that!

I also like the Apple Cider Vinegar. I only add a tiny little spoonfull to a glass of water and it's different and refreshing. I just found a whole shelf of different flavors of vinegar at the Asian food store. I bought the Aloe Vinegar and I can tell I'm going to drinking it a lot in water. Thanks for the tip about straws too.

Adding chunks of watermelon to ice water also makes it very spa-like. (I got the idea from an actual spa, so it works :laugh: )

As for the vinegar, another thing you can do is add the vinegar to sparkling water rather than just plain water. It gives it a whole new spin and makes it very refreshing! Try a high quality white wine vinegar and you'll be amazed!

Vanessa
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think having a good water drinking routine really helps the boredom too...like if you have goals at certain points in the day - I have a litre before getting to work and 1.5 litres more until late lunch, then sip maybe 5 - 7oo mils in the afternoon, and by evening i have a glass because I want it, but can also enjoy having a non-water beverage because ive hit my water target for the day. I keep a 1.5 litre bottole of water at my work desk and take swigs every 10 mins or so and its amazing how quickly it goes down.