work out music genres?

Options
starblazing
starblazing Posts: 28 Member
what is everyone's favorite music genre to work out too? mine is totally heavy metal like 5 finger death punch, metallica and all that remains....what's yours?

Replies

• Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Obscure hard core rap.

Which is completely opposite of what I normally listen too.

And I will only listen to it while working out, never any other time.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Americana
  • mandyjoy12
    mandyjoy12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I change it up all the time. I use Pandora and depending on my mood I type in something like system of a down or t-pain lol
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    depends on the day / mood. Some metal, some old school rap.
  • Twiinkless
    Twiinkless Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Either electro house from the early '00s or hardcore/metal like cannibal corpse.
    Sometimes I listen to The Cat Empire though, and they're a sort of hispanic-influenced dance group? Hard to explain, but they're good.
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    FFDP are awesome to lift weights to
    I listen to upbeat rap/metal when doing cardio

but the most epic one of them all on my playlist is Errinio Morricone - Exctasy of Gold, I could listen to that on repeat for a good hour lol
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Depends how I'm feeling. If I'm in an upbeat or hyper mood I like to listen to House music or some Skrillex type techo (no trance tho, eww).

If I'm feeling more introspective I put on some Tool, because they are my favorite band of all time :heart:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I listen to a bit of everything, but noticed I run faster to LMFAO than Rammstein.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Mine changes depending on mood; generally when doing personal workouts I listen to 93.3 in Las Vegas (mix); otherwise my classes use standardized music. Example - T'ai Chi and QiGong I use one of 4 different CDs; for Senior Exercise I use one of three moderate beat CDs. All of these I will update in May.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I definitely run better with high tempo trance/electronic.

I currently have a mix of dubstep, metal, rap, dancy pop, and alt. rock on random.
    As long as I like the song I get pumped when lifting.

Gotta have a fast tempo for running though.