I'm new and I need some motivation and friends

Options
Hi! My name is Amanda. I am a 28 year old female who has struggled with my weight since
I was 13. I have tried diets and exercising in the past but I fail every time so I'm hoping to get enoung encouragment
To stick with this one. When I was a teenager I was not that big but I had a very negative family so instead
Of them giving me positive advice to lose weight, they called me fat. I wasn't even that big! Seriously!
I have an 8 year old son and a 9 month old daughter, when I was pregnant with my daughter I was very
Sick and could not keep food down, so instead of gaining weight I lost 26 pounds. After she was born
I managed to keep it off with the help of breastfeeding but as soon as I stopped the weight started
To come back. I'm not real fat but I do need to lose weight, especially on my stomach area.
I recently joined a gym and will start going 3 to 4 times a week. I am also on a very low carb and calorie diet. I only hope
For the best and I pray for the strength to stick with it. I would love to make some new friends on
Here so we can all motivate eachother. Let's do the damn thing! :-D

Replies

• gemmalianne84
    Options
    I went through the same thing when I was pregnant. I was sick everyday, even when labour started. I put on lots of weight after she was born because it was easier just to grab a packet of crisps than have a sensible meal! I put on about 3 stone!!!
  • PoppiSeed
    PoppiSeed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, you could have easily been telling my story (that's how much everything you've said here is a reflection of everything I've gone through). The only difference is that after the birth of my son I gained a serious amount of weight, and about 2 years later when I was pregnant with my daughter I didn't gain or lose a single pound. I'm here trying to lose the weight I gained during my first pregnancy and my son is turning 3 this year and my baby girl is turning 6 months on the 23rd... and I've carried an extra 138lbs all through this time and I'm exhausted! :wink:
  • mummypannell
    Options
    hi Amanda that sounds like me when i was at school ive got 4 boys and i just found it easier to grab something quick to eat with been busy all day but hopefully i will lose the weight and so will you just stay possative x
  • seddo
    seddo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda; I'm also new to my fitness pal.
    I'm 42 years old and have 2 daughters. They are 22 and 9 years old. When I had my first daughter I barely gained any weight and was back to my size 10 frame soon after. But when I had my second at 32 i gained heaps of weights and have struggled with alsorts of diets in a bid to get down to a size 16! I'm currently a size 20!.
    I once did the lighter life diet and came down to a size 14 but it's really an unsustainable process............. no solid food for 4 months was a killer.
    So I've finally come to the only sensible course of action............. eat less and move more.
    I've been logging my meals for the last week. I realise straight away that i'm eating too much. Not junk just way too much!

I joined the gym 6 weeks ago. I've managed to do a new class called move it 2-3 times a week since then. (the first time i did it i had the foulest head ache for hours afterwards!)
    So I too am looking for motivation perhaps we can start out jorney together.