List of things to indulge in - THAT ISNT FOOD

Options
Hi there,

I want to reward myself without overeating/consuming my favorite junk foods. Anything that gets in the way of my goal is a hindrance - so what else can I indulge in?

Here is a personal list of things that make me just as happy as a french fries and a milkshake :)

Please add on your "look-forward-to's" as well!

- Watching that new episode of your favorite series
-Taking a long, hot bath
-Getting your nails done
-Meeting up with friends for some good laughs
-Buying a new pair of shoes
-ect

Now, tell me yours!

Replies

• nmamos
    nmamos Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm going to get new shoes, a new stethoscope for work, my laptop computer fixed, a massage, and when I lose a total of 66 pounds and am under 200 pounds for the first time in my ADULT life, my fiance is going to buy ME a piece of nice jewelry. I can't wait. 9 down, 57to go!
  • vickip13
    vickip13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    magazines
    reading a good book
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    i look forward to every post fight celebration, win or lose. 2 whole large pizzas and a milkshake. :D
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Long hot baths,
    mani/pedi -
    lots of cuddles, hugs and kisses
    reading a good book!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So with you guys on taking a lovely hot bath... If I want to treat myself I use my favourite bath bubbles that smell like vanilla birthday cake... MMM!
    I also treat myself to new clothes every now and then - and feel even better about how my body is starting to look better!
    A lie in, a calming walk somewhere pretty... anything that makes me feel good!
  • Pennythekat
    Options
    I try to reward myself as I go. I've got a long way to go before I'm done, so I have a list of things that I look forward to :)

- mani/pedis (when I hit 30 pounds - only 1.8 Pds. to go :)
    - massage (when I hit 50 pounds this will be my reward)
    - a new exercise accessory (recently bought myself a gym boss and love it!)

Every 5 pounds I get a new book or some new music from iTunes :)

Other things I'd like to reward myself with: new sheets with high thread count, new sneakers (just have no idea what sneakers I should get!)

Would love some more ideas cause what I really want is a couple cadbury eggs, lol! Thank God Easter is almost here and they will be off the shelves!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    -A trip to the beach
    -A nice deep massage
    -A pedicure
    -Once I hit 199lbs I am buying a new wardrobe of uniforms for work (cute ones, not fat girl ones) That's if they stay up long enough. They are already starting to fall off. :happy:
    -New shoes
    -A tat. :blushing:
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Massage
    Buying my next sports equipment (bag, DVD, weights etc)
  • anandaamrita
    anandaamrita Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    - I allow myself to drink one alcoholic drink per 2lb lost. I think cutting out alcohol as much as possible is one of the best ways to lose weight. This means that not only do I not drink as much but it also feels good earning drinks by losing weight.
    - When I get to 175lb, I'm going to treat myself to a spa day (can't wait)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    currently at 196

195lbs new piercing
    185lbs mani/pedi
    175lbs start trying for a baby!

maintain a healthy and active pregnancy to keep of un-NEEDED extra lbs. I.E don't eat it just because its a craving!
  • Debbiepearce20
    Options
    What a fantastic topic to discuss! Love some of the ideas listed here already!!

I try and set small goals with a reward at the end of each one and my goals are not always weight based. At the moment I have a chart up on my fridge and once I have successfully completed and marked off twenty hour-long workouts, I am going to shout myself a night away at a nice resort to relax. I find shifting the focus from weight keeps it interesting, challenging and fun, and ultimately helps me achieve my main goal of weight loss and increased fitness :-)

Other rewards include itunes vouchers for movies (I watch these on the ipad which I set up on the cross trainer), magazines, going to the movies or doing something different (like paddle boarding).

I love the idea of buying new gym equipment as a reward! I want to get a boxing bag :-)

Keep up the awesome work!!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    getting a new book or DVD.

going to the cinema or theater

baking and cooking for my friends ( I just adore making others happy and baking and cooking them healthy things is beneficial for them as well as me. I am not "tasting" too much when baking, but the result is the best reward in the world. Happy faces all around and ego boosts for something deliciously healthy.)
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    5 pounds: book and some new tunes
    10 pounds: perfume
    15 pounds: flats
    20 pounds (goal): New clothes
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Books, geeky t-shirts, and toys.

I'm 5, obviously.

Also, what about healthy food, like fruit? They're too expensive to keep around, but I like to indulge in strawberries and grapes every once in awhile. I also buy the expensive apples (Honeycrisp, Jazz, those new Junami ones, etc.) when I'm in a particularly good mood. During cherry season, I'll indulge in a bag or two (Bings, though, not Rainiers; much like with Gala apples, I don't understand what everyone else sees in those).
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Once I get under 200lbs I'm buying myself a new outfit and once I reach my goal weight my hubby is moving our family to Florida!! Yay so excited I've been bugging him for years lol,for every 20lbs I loose I buy myself some new workout equipment or DVD my next one after another 10lbs will be TurboFire since I'll be starting TurboJam this week.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    At 10 lbs I treated myself to a massage. At 20 it will be a shopping spree -- I will need it by then!

Other ideas
    - a professional airbrush tan
    - having my hair straightened
    - tickets to a concert or play
    - take a vacation day at work just to lounge at home with no plans!
    - maid service
    - perfume
    - classes in something I've always wanted to try