Low calorie, low fat, cheesecake brownies!

Options

Replies

• tinydancer24
    Options
    bump
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    BUMP!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Okay, so lately I've been craving WalMart's cheesecake brownies. I've been resisting the urge to eat them so I went on Pinterest to find a similar (healthier) recipe and came across these..

Entire recipe makes 24 servings
    Serving size is 1 brownie
    **PER SERVING: 76 calories; 2 g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber

I haven't tried them yet, but if anyone gets around to making them before me, let me know how they are!! :smile:

Ingredients:
    -Brownie:
    2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
    2 large egg whites
    1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup plain, unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 cup strong coffee
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    -Cream Cheese Topping:
    4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tbsp all-purpose flour
    1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Coat a 7-by-11-inch brownie pan or baking pan with cooking spray.
    To make cream cheese topping: Place cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg, flour, yogurt and vanilla; beat until well blended.
    To prepare brownie: Whisk whole-wheat flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Place egg, egg whites and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add applesauce, coffee and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until well blended, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
    Scrape about half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Slowly pour the topping evenly on top. Drop the remaining brownie batter in large dollops over the topping. Draw the tip of a sharp knife or skewer through the two batters to create a swirled effect.
    Bake the brownies until the top is just firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.

Preparation time: 20 minute(s)

Cooking time: 2 hour(s)

YUM! Bumping for later. I just ate a slice of protein cheesecake, and it was awesome...but later in the week, I may make these. :)
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Bump
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious!
  • kdunning53
    kdunning53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • amygirl20
    Options
    Bump
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Yum!
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • witcheekimmie
    witcheekimmie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay, so lately I've been craving WalMart's cheesecake brownies. I've been resisting the urge to eat them so I went on Pinterest to find a similar (healthier) recipe and came across these..
    cheesecake-brownies-500x333.jpg
    Entire recipe makes 24 servings
    Serving size is 1 brownie
    **PER SERVING: 76 calories; 2 g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber

I haven't tried them yet, but if anyone gets around to making them before me, let me know how they are!! :smile:

Ingredients:
    -Brownie:
    2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 large egg whites
    1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup plain, unsweetened applesauce
    1/4 cup strong coffee
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    -Cream Cheese Topping:
    4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tbsp all-purpose flour
    1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Coat a 7-by-11-inch brownie pan or baking pan with cooking spray.
    To make cream cheese topping: Place cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg, flour, yogurt and vanilla; beat until well blended.
    To prepare brownie: Whisk whole-wheat flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Place egg, egg whites and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add applesauce, coffee and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until well blended, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
    Scrape about half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Slowly pour the topping evenly on top. Drop the remaining brownie batter in large dollops over the topping. Draw the tip of a sharp knife or skewer through the two batters to create a swirled effect.
    Bake the brownies until the top is just firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.

Preparation time: 20 minute(s)

Cooking time: 2 hour(s)

Gotta save this to try
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I've made these twice now. They are awesome! The last batch I used green food coloring in the "cheesecake" part and used mint instead of the vanilla. They tasted like thin mint brownies. Luckily, I have an office full of people willing to eat them. Thanks again OP for posting!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    These look amazing, I have to make them!

Could you just use an egg in place of the egg substitute? I don't think they're available in the UK, at least I've never seen them in the supermarkets.

You can...1/4 of egg substitute = 1 large egg.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    These look incredible! Thanks for sharing!

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com/
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kgraham1424
    Options
    bump
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    Bump