Can U Help Me Understand?

Options
Ok everybody I have a question and any & all input is good. I started out weighing 225 then I lost 55 within 5 months. Working out daily but not much outside walking, eating healthy and clean, staying within my 1200 calories, drinking my fair share of water. Then I started school and that has been 7 weeks. I power walk @ least 4 times a day burning anywhere from 267-425 calories per walk (according to my H.R.M which i wear all the time like a regular piece of clothing), 4 days a week. Check this out, I got down to 170 then I gained like 2 lbs so I said maybe its muscle. Then the next week weigh in 1 more lbs gained and also no change in measurements but clothing still fitting better and better. I don't really obsess of the scale but in 7 weeks I've gained like 3-5 lbs. I don't think I'm worried very much but it is a little blow to me since I still have 60 more lbs to loss. I started drinking lemon water 3 or 4 times a day...not with any syrup or peppers to help rid myself of any water weight retention from any excess amount of sodium that I may have taken in. I don't really stress over whether its 1 lb or 4 lbs per week it could b 1/2 lb as long as I see some loss. Any suggestions or advice to jump start my weight loss again? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back all the extra exercise calories that you are burning now with all the walking? If not you might not be eating enough. Good luck!
  • Younger_at_50
    Younger_at_50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with proudmama, you may not be eating enough so your body is rebelling. I know how hard it is to eat more calories but you may want to give it a shot. Don't give up :smile: and have patience.
  • Juicey1401
    Juicey1401 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not eating my exercise calories which I've never done. I will try to eat some of them but I couldn't possibly eat all my exercise calories because it's too many to eat in 1 day. Thanks for the observation and advice.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    time to switch it up! Change what you are eating or change your exercise or do both. It shakes up your body a bit!
  • Juicey1401
    Options
    Believe me I'm definitely not giving up. I like what I see in the mirror and how my clothing fits. I will try to take in more calories to see if that is the problem. Thanks for your help!!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    time to switch it up! Change what you are eating or change your exercise or do both. It shakes up your body a bit!

I agree. Eating your exercise calories is one way to change it up. I bet if you even start eating half of them, you'll start to see the scale moving. It might be time to change up your exercise routine too. Add some strength training, or try a different kind of cardio or sport.

Remember that our bodies are always trying to stay the same. After a while, it will adapt to whatever your calorie intake is, and also whatever exercise you are doing. You just have to make it think hard again, and the weight will start to come off.
  • Juicey1401
    Options
    I did change it up and that's when I gained. Maybe I need to go back to what I was doing @ first it seemed to have had the most impact. I have to do that walking since that is how I get to school. I guess I'm going to have to add another turbo jam routine to my day in the evening.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Do you have your "lifestyle" set to sedentary, because it seems with your walks several times during the day, you may want to adjust that. And then, if you want to do Turbo Jam, put that in your "exercise" and eat back at least 1/2 of those calories. You seem to be burning a lot of calories throughout the day. I'd say you're definitely not eating enough. If you feel like you can't or don't want to *eat more, have a tall glass of milk and a spoonfull of peanut butter after one of your walks. That will add some needed protein and calcium.
  • Juicey1401
    Options
    I will readjust my lifestyle setting. And I can definitely add the peanut butter. Thanks