need a critic for my food diary

Options
mellynat
mellynat Posts: 345 Member
Is there anyone who likes to add their opinion and knowledge and be a critic for my food diary? I'm still learning how to eat healthy but some tips would be helpful. sometimes it takes an outsider to get a better look and understanding of what I'm eating..
can u add me as a friend?? THANKS!

Replies

• sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey sweetie, you need to make your diary public...;o)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Agreed with above; tried to check out your diary, but it's private. Adjust your settings so we can peek!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    open that puppy up..............people will be more than happy to take a peek
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think their should be an entire forum just for this type of thing or like a critics welcome button on their page or forum signature letting everyone know that PLEASE take a peek!! I also would love a critic, a nice one but a critic all the same! LOL!
  • mellynat
    Options
    YIKES! Ok I opened it to public....
  • mellynat
    Options
    bump
  • pursuinghappy
    Options
    Maybe you're not including them in your calorie counts, but I don't see much fresh produce in your diary. It's not necessary for weight loss, but adding fruits/veggies to your day might help.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More fresh fruits and Veggies. Your Carbs are set really high. You could lower them Goals/ Change/Custom/ Lower by 5% at a time and see if it works better for you. It will raise your protein. Also go to Settings at the top and click Diary Settings. Track your cholesterol for a day or two. You are eating a lot of eggs. I know people say cholesterol in eggs will not hurt but just 2 eggs puts me over in choleserol. It may not hurt now but wait 10 years.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    More fresh fruits and Veggies. Your Carbs are set really high. You could lower them Goals/ Change/Custom/ Lower by 5% at a time and see if it works better for you. It will raise your protein. Also go to Settings at the top and click Diary Settings. Track your cholesterol for a day or two. You are eating a lot of eggs. I know people say cholesterol in eggs will not hurt but just 2 eggs puts me over in choleserol. It may not hurt now but wait 10 years.

Don't worry about the eggs for Cholestoral, I had high Cholestoral in December and recently got my blood tested and I am in the perfect range for everything now and I eat 2-3 eggs a day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

Don't worry about the eggs for Cholestoral, I had high Cholestoral in December and recently got my blood tested and I am in the perfect range for everything now and I eat 2-3 eggs a day.

Like I said "Talk to me in 10 Years". in your case maybe 20. Heart disease doesn't just appear. It builds over time. When you are young you think your invincible. Unless you are a Super Hero, you are not.
  • mellynat
    Options
    I'm clueless as too cholesterol, What number do I try to stay in? ANd carbs???
    As for eating a lot of eggs I eat a lof sO I stay full longer. Is 2 ok though? ? if eel like when I just did the egg whites i was wasting the egg...
    I defiantly agree I need more veggies in... Fruits I can up too..
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Buy the carton of just egg whites. No wasted yolks.
  • dihar2
    dihar2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am morbidly obese and have eaten 2eggs most days for over 10 years and my cholesterol has not been effected. Eggs really are ok.
  • mellynat
    Options
    are the cartons even real eggs??? What else can I substitute the egg with that has high protein but low cholesterol?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm clueless as too cholesterol, What number do I try to stay in? ANd carbs???
    As for eating a lot of eggs I eat a lof sO I stay full longer. Is 2 ok though? ? if eel like when I just did the egg whites i was wasting the egg...
    I defiantly agree I need more veggies in... Fruits I can up too..

I usually eat omlettes with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, limits the fat and you still get the nutrients in the 2 yolks. Just buy 100% egg whites in a carton.
    Like I said "Talk to me in 10 Years". in your case maybe 20. Heart disease doesn't just appear. It builds over time. When you are young you think your invincible. Unless you are a Super Hero, you are not.
    Some research has even questioned the connection between egg consumption and cardiovascular disease. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition showed that risk of cardiovascular disease in men and women did not increase with increasing egg consumption. In fact, it showed quite the opposite. From their findings of analyzing more than 27,000 subjects, they indicated that the egg consumers actually had lower serum cholesterol levels than those subjects who abstained from eggs.

The Harvard School of Public Health's research showed the dietary cholesterol in eggs does not have a negative effect on blood cholesterol levels of healthy people. This and numerous other studies have shown there is no link between eating eggs and a higher risk of heart disease or stroke for healthy adults. Some recent studies have even shown that HDL (good) cholesterol increased when people ate an egg-supplemented diet.

Given this research, most of us can eat eggs without guilt. However, about one quarter of the population need to limit their cholesterol consumption because they are sensitive to dietary cholesterol, which affects the amount of cholesterol in their blood.

Taken from http://www2.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=2137fc70-c658-433a-9524-29c1d1803efc&k=33
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I heard you shouldn't need to worry about your cholesterol intake if you don't have a high cholesterol level. I'm not saying this is true, but I've been eating egg yolks for many years and haven't had any problems.

I'm pretty sure the egg whites in a carton of egg whites is made with real eggs lol. So you should be fine.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    are the cartons even real eggs??? What else can I substitute the egg with that has high protein but low cholesterol?

Great Value (walmart) egg whites:
    Ingredients, Egg Whites.

That is what I always buy. So yes, it's real egg white.

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving Size 46 G
    Servings Per Container About 10

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 25
    Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0 G (DV% 0)
    Saturated Fat 0 G (DV% 0)
    Trans Fat 0 G (DV% 0)

Cholesterol 0 Mg (DV% 0)
    Sodium 75 Mg (DV%3)
    Potassium 60 Mg (DV%2)

Total Carbohydrate 1 G (DV%0)
    Dietary Fiber 0 G (DV%0)
    Sugars 0 G
    Protein 5 G (DV%10)
  • Ziiox
    Ziiox Posts: 5
    Options
    If you don't have high cholesterol already, don't worry about eggs. There is little to no correlation between dietary cholesterol and cholesterol levels. Additionally, the yolks contain most of the micronutients of eggs and a little less than half the protein content of the entire egg.

Otherwise, I would definitely suggest including more fresh veggies in your diet. Also, maybe consider cutting back on the refined sugars.