More to love

Options
aprilann
aprilann Posts: 238
Did anyone see it? What do you all think of it?

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I watched it and wondered why all the girls were always crying!! Plus I hate to say I was comparing my height and weight to everyone trying to see how big I really look.....
    I think the reason these women haven't found love have nothing to do with thier size, they were all emotional messes!!!!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I agree...I thought there was an underlying message of desperation. Very sad.:frown:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Some of it was probably driven by the producers asking them questions about their life to invoke crying. But their experiences are real. I have been overweight most of my adult life and I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country, and I never had a 2nd date with someone who was born and raised in this state. My first husband was from NJ and my second from NY and all the boyfriends in between were from NY. Fairfield Country men are definitely Weightists.
  • Lindsey83
    Lindsey83 Posts: 16
    Options
    I hated how a few of the women were all emotional and saying how they'd never dated or been asked out and that this was their "last ditch effort" at love.:indifferent:

I agree that the reason they haven't found love isn't because they are overweight, it's because of their self esteem and frankly a few of them were nut jobs.

You can't love anyone else unless you love yourself first, thick or thin.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have this funny feeling half way throughthe show they will throw in some skinny chicks
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I think some of the girls had self-esteem issues, but from what I watched of it (and I didn't watch the whole thing) I thought it was good that they are acknowledging plus sized woman. It is disturbing to me that everyone on tv is at least a size 4 because it's not realistic. I could be a size 4 too if I had a nutritionist, cook, personal trainer, etc. Plus sized models start at size 10 and that is horrible.

Has anyone seen Drop Dead Diva? It's a new series, I think on Lifetime. I really like it because a girl who was once skinny and made fun of "fat" people gets to see how life is when she is overweight. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't seem so funny anymore.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I agree with you all! It was sad the way they all cried but it's even sadder that plus size is a 10.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I caught a bit of it, didn't watch the whole thing. I'm pretty immune to "reality" TV.

Tears are ratings points,,, If they did the show with a bunch of happy-healthy-sexy-confident bigger girls baggin' and taggin' loser dudes nobody would watch. I think they found contestants who were trainwrecks to begin with, and also happened to be un-thin.

Emotional issues aside, I thought several of those gals were way hot,,, :smile:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    too emotional and desperate! A nice way to let America be fat haters! in a polite way of course! This show lets haters stare and ridicule from their own living room, pathetic!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Bump
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Go to this link and let fox know what you think of this shameful abuse !

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=moretolove#

you can register and leave your comments there! Who knows, maybe they will make the show a bit more upbeat if enough people tell them how horrible they are!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a clever way to poke fun at fat people.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have this funny feeling half way throughthe show they will throw in some skinny chicks

...and who do you think he'll choose?

Not only will they probably throw in some skinny girls, the girls will probably earn extra money if they steal him away from the big girls.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    bump
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    at the begining of the show they said that the average reality show girl was a size 2 and a woman in real life was a size 14. Just goes to show that people want to see skinny women on their t.v's. Reality t.t unfortunetly is taking over regular t.v. shows.