Need to loss 28 pounds in 6 weeks.... Meal Ideas Needed!

Options
Thanks everyone... (well most of you) for your helpful and useful tips!!

Although I only registered on here today I started my diet of chicken and salad and veg last Sunday and lost 7 pounds in one week!!! I know it is bad but I just wanted a quick fix!! I am going to try and add in a little amount of wholegrain rice/pasta!!

Will keep you all updated on the progress!!

Replies

• Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    Ok.....THAT is a LOT of weight in a very short time.....remember, you don't want to lose muscle....your heart is a muscle. First off.....Stop drinking any alcohol whatsoever. Also stop drinking diet soda, or juice. It is water or green tea baby....Maybe one cup of black coffee. I don't know how old you are. If you are young, and fairly active....Step it up at the gym.....Spin classes...cycling burn the most calories, as does running. Otherwise, Walk. When you are starving, and you are is not the time to step up your fitness. I am a bit concerned about how aggressive you are being with the diet....21 would be optimal, without screwing your metabolism up for good. Try cutting out fats, eating lean, lean meats, if you do, and lots of veggies. I do the vegan thing, which is amazing, but hard to plan out....I have a facebook page called Daily Vegan Recipe and also Picked Last for Gym, both of which may help you!
  • nhafizamj
    nhafizamj Posts: 16
    Options
    I dont know if this may help.. but i have lost 7kg in 2 weeks and follow by 3 kg in another 2 weeks by eating more hi protein and hi fiber food n took less carbs, Also increase my calcium intake.. however.. after a few weeks, my body can't stick to the diet any more. I start to eat more after that. So I don't recommend u to do it.
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually a whey to go- chocolate protien shake with a scoop of peanut butter, a banana and I make with coocnut milk or coconut water to bulk up the caloric value but you can easly make this with plain water and its just as filling and good. I drink this at 730 am and it holds me until noon or 1 when I take my lunch.

Lunch is a modified greek salad. Instead of any type of dressing or oil I used lemon juice mixed with red pepper flakes and garlic for flavor and 1/4 cup of feta cheese.

for dinner I do a peice of grilled chicken breast on my george foreman grill with a heaping of steamed fresh or frozen vegetables. I marinate my chicken breast in a little olive oil-(the good fat) along with lemon, garlic, cayenne pepper, diced onion and bell pepper, a little salt and its devine!

It works for me because I can eat the same thing over and over and not get tired of it.

I work out twice a day 15-20 minutes in the morning and then 30-45 minutes at night. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and have lost 5 pounds which is a big accomplishment for me since I have pcos and its super hard to lose weight. Good luck!
  • MLangley
    MLangley Posts: 3
    Options
    Juicing works wonders. Try it. You can lose 28 lbs easily!
  • louisewooding
    Options
    Thanks everyone... (well most of you) for your helpful and useful tips!!

Although I only registered on here today I started my diet of chicken and salad and veg last Sunday and lost 7 pounds in one week!!! I know it is bad but I just wanted a quick fix!! I am going to try and add in a little amount of wholegrain rice/pasta!!

Will keep you all updated on the progress!!