11.2 pounds in 1 month...

Options
Ok, calling all of the awesome People of MFP... I have 11.2 more pounds to lose before April 20th, tomorrow being exactly one month, to meet my 30 pounds lost goal before I see the BF again. I would greatly appreciate ANY and ALL suggestions, input, advice, etc, that has worked for You to stay disciplined and on track. Thanks bunches in advance. : ))

P.S. I understand that a lot of people are going to think this may be too much in this short amount of time, but I know I can do it if I stay on track. Please don't reply if You're simply going to tell me that it is not healthy. Not trying to be mean, just being honest.

Replies

• mandarin32
    Options
    Hey!
    I dont have an answer for you.. But its not overly unhealthy.. MFP lets you loose 2 per week, and thats averaging about what you are trying to loose so I think its fine.. Just remember that your skin may not loosing weight that fast chick, get toning at the same time :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Thank You, Hun... : ))
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Any sort of circuit training!! It always works to kick my weight loss into gear, especially if you do a couple of different circuits per week. Good luck! I don't think that's too much to try for, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose (like me!)
  • Daqueen82
    Options
    Been working out and watching my calories but weight on the scale is going up???? What am I doing wrong?
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the 30 DS...even if you don't lose the 11.2 lbs, you'd definitely lose lots of inches! :)
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Maybe try some HIIT training. They're quick sessions, and really get your HR up there. And from what I've read online, you can have amazing weight loss from doing this 3-5/week. I don't know what exactly to recommend... I just get a lot of info online... recently borrowed a copy of Turbo Fire, and I did that 30 min HIIT routine 3 times last week. Was pretty great actually! But of course, I can't vouch for any results from it so far. :)
  • scoobydoojoe
    scoobydoojoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have lost that kind of weight in 2-3 weeks, it can be done, and it can be healthy. I always eat at or very close to my food calories allowed for the day and never skip meals.

My main exercise is swimming. These days 50 minutes of breast stroke burns 1,100-1,200 calories for someone my size. Even a normal person can expect to take off 700-800 each hour easily. Even treading water in the deep end can burn a lot of calories without the exercising seeming hard compared to running or an elliptical or something like that. Of course if you don't like swimming, never mind, forget I said anything.

Watch your sodium just as close as your calories, and make sure you get plenty of water to wash away what you are losing so it doesn't stay in your body as waste instead of as fat.

Just gotta stay dedicated to getting your workouts in, don't reward yourself with bad foods for working out.
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My weightloss doctor informed me that i should have 30 grams protein with 30 grams carb each meal.. exercise with my heartrate between 130-150 for 45 min and I should lose that much in a month. If I was in a hurry to lose weight, I would drink 3 protein shakes a day with a couple snacks.. Hope this helps. Good luck!!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Thank Y'all so much!! : ))