looking for stats..HOW LONG?

Options
Hi

How long did it take to start seeing results? I know everyone is different and depending on excersise and diet.. but if u have followed the guidelines and worked out to what they told you.. when did u start seeing results?

Thanks for anyones help!!
Rissa

Replies

• rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi

How long did it take to start seeing results? I know everyone is different and depending on excersise and diet.. but if u have followed the guidelines and worked out to what they told you.. when did u start seeing results?

Thanks for anyones help!!
    Rissa
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I started right away. But for my wife it took one month before she lost anything. Of coarse my wife and I agree that the first result was our resolve to change long term. And that was immediate. Good luck stick with it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I dropped a couple of pounds immediately (within the first ten days) because I had been eating too much before that. I was probably eating about 2000-2500 calories before I started "dieting". I started eating roughly 1200 calories a day and drinking lots of water and could tell an immediate difference in my face, neck, and waist.
    I think it depends on what your exercise and eating habits were like before. Plus everyone is different! =-)
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I saw results pretty quickly, BUT I think that was because I was a heavy pop drinker and I quit drinking them completely when I started this diet. After about 4 weeks my weight loss slowed down dramatically. So now I am wondering when I will start to see results again! But I am hangning in there, and so should you!!!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am the same as apaden4. Lost 9 pounds in 4 weeks, hit a plateau. But I think my metabolism is kicking up again. I have 13 to go.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs immediately b/c I started drinking lots of water... Then I lost about 1 lbs per week.

I have 3 more lbs to go, and I will reach my goal! EXACTLY 1 MONTH AWAY FROM MY WEDDING! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Jump_Start
    Options
    I'm very active, I run on the tack team at My college, and i wanted to lose about 15 pounds to help me out. I wanted to lose a pound a week, and this site works amazing. I am also lifting heavy, so I thought that i wouldn't be losing weight easily. But, I've been losing at least a pound a week, if not more. Give it a couple of weeks, and you will see.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    rissa1322,

I've noticed here that many people have dramatic results in the first week-ten days. Depending on your personal situation, you may lose weight the first week, and it may take a couple or three weeks to make a difference.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This site is about safe 1-2 pound a week loss:

*Log everything you eat and drink and try to plan the entire day's food at once (I do it the night before)*Log your exercise
    *EAT the calories "given" to you by exercise
    *Eat six times a day (every 2-3 hours)
    *Drink your eight glasses of water daily
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Those are my best tips. Stay with it for at least a month before expecting too much - or - you may be surprised and lose right away!!

Hope that helps! Good luck.

~Cheryl
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I lost weight quickly, but then my weight plateaued for a while. I have since seen another drop, so if you hit a dry spell, HANG IN THERE. It is worth it. The nice thing with following this is you can eat something you have a craving for and as long as you are honest and log it, it will not hurt your results. Today, I felt like having a good old-fashioned peanut butter sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk, so I did. And it won't ruin my goal as long as I log it correctly. :-)
  • Code
    Code Posts: 5
    Options
    10 lbs in 1 month.

This site has been a very educational process for me. Went from 2500 calories, to 2300, to 2000, to 1900, to 1800, and now to 1500.

Count calories and exercise.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I lost weight quite dramatically when I first started 10lbs within 2 weeks. Then it slowed some but on average about 5lbs every 10 days. I have slowed down now to about 2 per week but my measurements are shrinking and I am good with that. I began in August.
    Eve
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    My husband and I had immediate weight loss. After 5 weeks, we are each down 12 pounds!

The beauty of this website is that it keeps you on track (as long as you are honest with yourself and what you eat and about your exercise)