19.3 lbs progress pictures and NSVs :)

Options
I was going to wait to post this until I was at my goal weight... But I decided to do a "during" post too!

I've always been "bigger" than my friends... Not necessarily "fat" but just chunkier, and larger than all of my other friends. All through high school I was constantly going from diet to diet and working out and was never happy with myself. During that time I avoided the scale because I just thought I was too big... My best estimate is that I was around 175 (I'm 5'7). After graduating high school, my weight went up a little, and then after having 2 babies, I hit my all time high of 215.5 lbs EEK! After struggling for around 5 months and not really losing or trying that hard, I decided to get serious in January of this year. I weighed in at 213 lbs.

I got on MFP again ( I had been on here before but never really committed to anything), started tracking my calories and really putting an effort into working out. No excuses. Sometimes I fell of the wagon... Sometimes I ate too much.. But I always tried again. I always kept going.

3 1/2 months later, and I am down 19.3 lbs, about a1/3 of the way to my goal. I don't see too much of a difference, but there are small things that remind me daily that I HAVE lost weight.... My Wii Fit went from saying "Ohhh..." when I stepped on it, to saying "Great!". I have to wear my engagement ring on a chain around my neck because it falls off my finger and I'm terrified I'm going to lose it. I'm now down to a 14 from a size 18. A sweatshirt I found in January for an AMAZING price that is a size M ( I used to wear XL) now fits me!... I have to remind myself that even though I still see all the fat that I need to lose and still feel huge.. I have made progress!

Here are some pics: (please let me know if they show up... I've never posted pictures in here before...)

293323_281599411860257_100000306017676_1033226_969587688_n-2.jpg

2012-03-19_093956-1.jpg

Replies

• LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Huge difference, can't wait to see the end picture!
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job!! It's a great feeling once all your hard work starts paying off and friends and family start to notice. Good for you!! You look great!!!!
  • UpstartMarrow
    Options
    Wow, you can really see how much weight has come off your stomach and hips that's brilliant! Keep up the good work :)

D
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing progress girl!
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work.....:)
  • berkenpas
    Options
    Awesome job, you look amazing!!!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    good job your looking great!!!
  • wimbeilk
    wimbeilk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can definately see a difference... keep up the good work. "slow and steady"
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference! Congratulations!

(By the way, blue looks fantastic on you. (: )
  • Devinsmama2309
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I didn't realize how much of a difference there was until I posted the pictures side by side!
  • Ronni145
    Ronni145 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You can definitely see a difference! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!