Advocare 24 Day Challenge

So, I'm starting the Advocare 24-day Challenge today. Challenge breakdown: Days 1-10 Cleanse; Days 11-24 Toning. Supplements and meal replacements along with energy drink mix and a meal plan.

I weighed in and measured everything. I've set my goal of losing approx. 20 lbs or 30 ins. I know that's a bit out there but my husband is actually helping me stay motivated. He went through my old photo albums and posted old pics of me everywhere. HA! I also put out some jeans that I bought that I never got to wear as a reminder of what I used to look like and what I should strive for.

Today is Day 1 of the challenge. So far, I've had the fiber drink and a pear for breakfast with 2 glasses of water. Then I ate a small cup of oatmeal for a snack with a cup of green tea and water.

For lunch, I have a tuna salad planned (tuna, eggs, salad). For an afternoon snack, I'll have the Spark energy drink and an apple. For dinner, I have a fundraiser at Chili's so I'll have the grilled salmon with steamed veggies and rice and the OmegaPlex supplements. Before bed, if still hungry, a fruit is ok and I have to take the Herbal Cleanse supplement. Water is fundamental and I'm going to drink a minimum of 8 oz between meals/snacks.

Sounds easy so far. I'm just planning out my meals and mapping out my day as it comes. I'm not going to weigh or measure again until the end of the challenge. I do not want to get discouraged and lose focus during the challenge.

Replies

• sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    I've never heard of this but this sounds really interesting. Maybe i'll start it with you! Good luck!!!
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks sheaz85!!! I had a friend do it and she looks great!!! So I decided, if SHE can do it... I certainly can. It's a bit expensive for the supplements so that's motivation to follow it through. (Honestly, I think you can follow it with supplements bought from Vitacost that don't have the label). Also, I drink BodyForm energy drink mixes. It's a boost but no jitters. (I get jittery easy).

Here's the link for the info page: http://www.the24daychallenge.com/about/
    *It has the info to follow the meal plans (They're not laid out for you so it's easy to make your own choices of food you actually like). And if you're interested, I can send you the label info on the supplements to get an idea of what you might need.

Good luck with your endeavors!!! :D
  • lmcmommy13
    lmcmommy13 Posts: 9 Member
    The boot camp I go to, Camp Gladiator, is a big supporter of this and I know lots of people who have achieved awesome results. Good luck and I can't wait to see how it helps you! :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    I have done the 24 day challenge multiple times. I love it. In fact, this his how I started down the healthy lifestyle path. I encourage you to embrace the opportunity to feel great!! Avoid dairy during this time and you will feel great.

I'm down over 40 now and working out regularly. -46 inches and feeling GREAT!! Advocare is an awesome product.
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    So far, it's Day 4. SOOOO easy! I went to the doctor a week ago (4 days before I started the challenge) and was weighed. I went back yesterday to get the results of some bloodwork... I lost 6 lbs since then. I personally told myself that I wasn't going to weigh until the end of the challenge but the Dr. made me. HA! My biggest thing has been eating a lot of salads this week since veggies and fruits are a really big deal. And meats are only grilled chicken or fish. I'll be having a salad with tuna for lunch. I'm fixing to eat some oatmeal because I'm really hungry right now. I have a really good amount of energy too.

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I'm going to post the most recent picture that I have of myself and go from there.

Btw... the bloodwork mentioned above was testing for hypothyroidism. Luckily, I don't have it. But I do have a Vitamin B12 and D3 deficiency. So, I have to go through vitamin therapy for the next two months. YAY!!!