A Little About Me

Options
I have gained about 30 lbs in the last 18 months:noway: . I had lost 60 and now gained this back. I have had 3 back surgeries and have some joint issues so big time exercise is out. I can ride my recumbent bike a little and that helps. I am trying the Dr. Abravanels Body Type diet but am not real sure of it. Has anyone else on here tried it. I am supposidly Type T.
I am a stay at home wife, Mom, grandmother, and Chihuahuha owner.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so here are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day.:bigsmile:

I don't know about your diet but if it is working for you then you should stick with it.

I have two dogs:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Read the posts on exercise and fitness and you may find some great ideas about how to exercise with your health issues. There is a lot of great information here.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    I am not familiar with the diet you are on, but I know all about losing weight & gaining it back again! Are you taking any anti-inflammitory meds? Some glucosamine supplements might also be a good idea. Sounds like you need low impact exercise. The recumbent bike is good... how about swimming? Carefully chosen resistance exercise (weights) might also be a good idea. If you can afford it, I would consult a personal trainer who has experience with arthritis & back problems. In the town where I live there is a gym called "Fitness Over 50." I took my 67 yr old father (who also has motion restrictive arthritis) to them and they have been great! Try finding something similar in your area. Either way, Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just checking in to see if Dr. Abravanels diet is working for you or not. My chiropractor recommended his book... I haven't gotten it yet, but I've been trying to find information online about it. From what I'm reading, I'm a gonadal body type.

Is it worth the read?