Newsflash! You are going to die.

Options
We are all going to die. I think fitness is still a worthy goal. Despite the inevitable.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/caddymatt/view/newsflash-you-are-going-to-die-228922

What do you think?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes - absolutely! Fitness is a very worthy goal.

I think it's about QUALITY of life. Fitness for flexibilty, balance, strength .... all of these things effect how you feel day to day.

Very sedentary people may end up with lower back issues ... staying active can alleviate (or prevent) pain.
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna die, no doubt, but that doesn't mean i have to hate myself in the mean time.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm gonna die, no doubt, but that doesn't mean i have to hate myself in the mean time.

I hope you don't think I am promoting self hatred. I come off harsh sometimes, but I certainly do not think that changing your life drastically is possible at all unless you are your own biggest cheerleader.

To me, getting as healthy as possible is ultimate form of showing myself love.
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No, No. I quite frequently hear people use "well, we're all going to die anyway" as an excuse for their bad habits, ie. smoking, drinking, etc.

My only point was regardless of the fact that each individual will at one point die, that doesn't mean one should help the process
  • MattGetsMad
    Options
    ah! Very good then. :wink:
  • Alice_Liddell
    Options
    Sure, I'm going to die. But I want to be fit and sexy when I do it. :laugh:

Great blog post, caddy. :smile:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    For me, quality of life is a huge issue. My main motivator for working out is that I want to avoid Type II Diabetes, which runs in my family. It is mostly avoidable with the right nutrition and fitness.

Yes, I would like to live as long as possible, and I know that I can't stop the inevitable, but I do believe there is a difference between "living" and "existing" and I prefer to live my life rather than suffer through it.
  • MattGetsMad
    Options
    Sure, I'm going to die. But I want to be fit and sexy when I do it. :laugh:

Great blog post, caddy. :smile:

Thank you!