How do you lose "the pouch"??

Options
I want to be able to lose weight in my lower stomach, also known as the pouch, in women...but I don't know how..please help!!!

Replies

• tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. That's my exact trouble area, as I imagine it is with a lot of women. I'm sure carrying twins for 36 weeks didn't help my cause.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    cant spot reduce.. eat at a healthy deficit diet.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'd love an answer too.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great to work those muscles - and a balanced diet to lose the excess fat
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gosh if only there were some miracle thing to treat that spot on women! That's my target area, and my hips....
  • kaybug23c
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/pin/192458584045902954/

this is all I have found so far that works that target area
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    from the years of reading and watching some of the women on this site, using strength training and a strict diet seems to be the key, but Strength training has done wonders for these ladies improving their abdominal wall.

Look at the women who have done New Rules of Lifting for Women and other strenght programs, you can clearly see their progress and their hard work has paid off.

Besides that a mommy makeover has benefits, but I would say a last resort and only after you are done having children.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    bump
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Walk like a camel, arms straight, legs straight and locked at the knees and bum high up in the air. Walk as much as you can like this, then stand up. You see the difference right away.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Doing core exercises may help tone that area. I take a core class at the gym (2-3 days a week) and have noticed a big improvement in that area! I also do cardio 4-5 days a week.
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is a 'bicycle' exercise which i have found excellent. You lie on your mat and move your legs as you woukd on a bike, then when that gets to easy pull both legs in towards your chest together and back out, then harder again lie with both legs stretched out and raise to the ceiling and lower back down and up and down till you cant possibly do any more. I have had 2 kids and tried everything under the sun and these definitly work :)
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The only way that you can get rid of that pouch is by losing excess fat. No exercise out there can "spot reduce" that area. It's a myth.
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That area is not 'fat' in every case and of course you can spot reduce with resistance and toning, been there done that!
  • shawnabug
    shawnabug Posts: 12
    Options
    My trainer told me that abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. You have to eat healthy. The exercises are for the muscles. Now obviously cardio is going to help you lose fat. He said the best cardio burner for me right now is the treadmill on 15 incline at about 3-4 mph or as fast of a walk that I could handle. I could hold on as well. I am on a 4 at 20 min now and i can really tell a difference. and talk about sweating!!!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    That area is not 'fat' in every case and of course you can spot reduce with resistance and toning, been there done that!

In most cases though, it is fat. Unless it's paper thin, it's not just skin.

That being said, diet and squats/deadlifts with heavy weights.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Spot fat reduction is a myth. When you do ab exercises, you strengthen your core. If you don't lose fat with healthy nutrition then you will never be able to see those nice firm abs :).
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Walk like a camel, arms straight, legs straight and locked at the knees and bum high up in the air. Walk as much as you can like this, then stand up. You see the difference right away.

Um......:noway:

9301292.jpg
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. You need to watch what you eat to lose the pooch. Good Luck!
  • carmenv323
    carmenv323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definately cardio will melt the fat from any part of the body; personally, I started keeping carbs to about 25g a day and I saw a difference in a week! I went to the gym as well, so a combination of good exercise and healthy eating! :smile:
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bump