Can't get out of bed

Options
It's always so hard to get back into the swing of working out once you've taken a beak.

I haven't worked out in 3 months now, and every morning I set my alarm to get up early to work out (becuase I am just too tired after work, and this is what used to work for me) and I just can't drag my butt out of bed.

I have my husband tell me to get out, and tell me that I'll be mad at myself later in the day if I don't get up... but I still just can't get my lazy butt out of bed... I'm just so tired ( not the real kind because I sleep about 7.5-8.5 hours a night) and can't open my eyes.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get me out of bed so I can work out?:yawn:

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    you may want to get some blood work done at the doc. you might have some sort of deficency that is making you so :yawn:

after that, focus on your food intake and see if you can switch some things out. foods that give you a boost, you know? and avoid the ones that slow you down.

its hard, i joined a boot camp to get me back on track. THAT was a wake up call.

of course, just random thoughts here. wish i had a better answer! :flowerforyou:

good luck.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Are you a morning person?

I know that it's ideal to work out in the mornings as it sets the tone for day and gets your blood pumping, etc. However, I have always struggled with this.

Why not try to exercise after work or in the evenings. Maybe you can start out with "later in the day" workouts and then once you get in better shape, or reach a goal try switching things up.

I'm not a morning person and always get my "second wind" around 2:30 in the afternoon so exercise is better for me in the evenings.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    A boot camp? That's what I need. I'd be afraid, I'd drop dead in front of everyone though. :-)
    Was it all day, every day?
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's so strange, because once I actually am up (about 8 minutes after I finally let my feet hit the floor), you'd think I just downed a gallon of coffee.

The afternoon is when I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open. lol
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe you could invite your hubbie to exercise with you? like go out on a jog or do some other outdoor activity? it can be hard to get back into the swing of things with the gym, especially during the summer when there are too many other fun things to do. maybe doing something outside with him or a friend would remind you of how good it feels...and turn it less into a "work out."

:smile:
  • Kelly11
    Options
    Also, maybe it is hot where you live, so one run outside will make you realize that the cool environment at the gym is a lifesaver, haha. (I live in NYC, and after running outside with my boyfriend...I was right back in the gym the next day...and have been more consistent lately :smile: )
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too. Sometimes I take melatonin to help me achieve a deeper sleep and I feel better rested in the morning. I find that when I'm eating too much sugar or not enough whole foods I feel fatigued. Also walking after dinner helps me to sleep better and feel better in the morning. I give my self time to adjust to waking up early, like getting up 15 minutes earlier each day without exercize, then add the workout when I am used to the time schedule, also keeping that schedule even on the weekends and regardless of what I did the night before.

Good luck to you!
    Holly
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hmm, might be blood sugar issues. :yawn:

I hate mornings. Hate hate hate them. I drag myself out of the bed and stumble to the kitchen to throw a big breakfast together. Eggs, toast, bacon, melon, coffee...sit at the table and force myself to eat (I hate breakfast too). But by golly, once I'm done, I'm awake and ready to tackle the world. I eat no less than every 3 hours, including some protein, to maintain my blood sugar. If I skip a meal, I crash (blood sugar) and start to feel comatose, like I could literally fall asleep standing up. But as long as I eat on time, I go all day and feel fine.

Might want to have your blood sugar checked?
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    maybe you could invite your hubbie to exercise with you? like go out on a jog or do some other outdoor activity? it can be hard to get back into the swing of things with the gym, especially during the summer when there are too many other fun things to do. maybe doing something outside with him or a friend would remind you of how good it feels...and turn it less into a "work out."

:smile:

I like this idea... my husband is totally against working out... but he does like the outdoors!

I will try to get him to "take a walk" with me!!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It's so strange, because once I actually am up (about 8 minutes after I finally let my feet hit the floor), you'd think I just downed a gallon of coffee.

i'm ALWAYS tired. i get my energy around 10:00am, and i wish thats when i could go to the gym, cuz i'd tear it up ! lol.

i've been going after work, i'm out at 4:00pm. right around 2:30-3:00, i wanna pass out on my desk cuz i'm so tired. :yawn:

i was thinking about taking a b12 vitamin for energy. any thoughts anyone?
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    A boot camp? That's what I need. I'd be afraid, I'd drop dead in front of everyone though. :-)
    Was it all day, every day?

lol - its not that hardcore! i would keel over for sure!!! :wink:

its mondays and thursdays. two friends of mine are trainers and they got a group of 9 of us together to have one hour 'sessions' twice a week. we do different excercises each time. LOTS of abs, no running - thank gosh!!! we did about 200+ squats, all different kinds, last thursday and i felt like i needed a wheelchair all weekend. :ohwell:

its amazing though! i can actually DO the ab work now. i can feel muscles forming already. crazy i tell ya! we have only had 3 sessions so far! :tongue:

i needed a kick in the pants because i hadnt worked out since april. :noway: but now i am all back on track!!! :drinker:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    How about starting with a 30 minute walk at your lunch break? I have to work out in the mornings too because I am too likely to blow it off after work if my hubby wants to go do something fun, so I make sure the coffee maker is programed to start 15 minutes before my alarm goes off. It sucks anyway, but it helps, lol!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options

If you know it will only take 8 minutes until you feel awake, you need to find something to just get you out of bed. Put alarm on other side of room, or in adjoining room so you have to get up....Get hubby to kick you out...do stretches either in bed or right out of bed to get your blood moving. In 8 minutes you will be awake, and after you exercise you will feel amazing, and I bet the afternoon need for "toothpicks" will also stop.
  • Kelly11
    Options
    Maybe buy a new pair of shorts or something like that :smile: I bought a new pair of pink running shorts about the same time as I forced my bf to go on that run, and I think the combination pumped me up just enough :smile: