Insanity question! :)

Options
I'm doing insanity and I want to be able to track how many calories I'm burning. Does anyone know the average amount of calories you burn doing it?

Replies

• gurl0411
    gurl0411 Posts: 75
    Options
    i wish i knew, i use the cardio option for tracking the calories burned but I'm not 100% Sure myself
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    the only way to properly get the count is using a HRM ...good luck on Insanity though :D regardless its a 1000 + burn if u do it fully
  • miahg3tfit
    Options
    I guess I need to get myself one of those then! Thank youuu :)
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep you really need an HRM, it differs depending on your weight and also each workout depending how much you put into it, I usually average about 3-400 cals for a 60min workout in the second month....I have a Polar FT7, $140 off ebay...:o)
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a HRM and the highest I've burned is 800 in a session, but that was only once or twice during the first week...since then my max has been around 650-700, and I'd say I average around 575 between all of the workouts. I do the whole routine, only stopping once and a while cuz my feet cram a bit and I'm 5'6" and weigh about 160.
  • miahg3tfit
    Options
    I have a HRM and the highest I've burned is 800 in a session, but that was only once or twice during the first week...since then my max has been around 650-700, and I'd say I average around 575 between all of the workouts. I do the whole routine, only stopping once and a while cuz my feet cram a bit and I'm 5'6" and weigh about 160.

Well I was thinking I have to be burning more than 500 calories. I really need to get a HRM! :) I'm 5'6 and 140 lbs.And I also do the whole thing, only stopping once and awhile too.