Do you award your weight loss?

Options
I like the idea of working towards "prizes" (beyond just getting thinner/healthier of course) but cant seem to think of things that I would REALLY want and want to bust my butt to work towards lol!

Ive seen other people do things like "pedicure, new book" etc, but those are things I would just get myself when I wanted them...

What are some really great prize ideas you are working towards along your journey?

I was thinking of a tattoo idea for ultimate goal, but other than that, Im having trouble.

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I always found the best prize is fitting into smaller clothes. I don't actually weigh every week and really go on measurements because I work out a lot and sometimes it's easier to reward and be good to yourself when fitting in clothes.

A nice pair of jeans is good to keep you motivated and to chart progress and a bonus to show off all the great work you have done :) x
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I said once a reach my GW of 125lb i would pierce my belly button again and treat myself to $1,000 shopping spree :smile:
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    when i work out a LOT in a day, i reward myself with a long bath soaking in aura cacia mineral salts. they smell HEAVENLY and it's such a wonderful reward for hard work. http://www.auracacia.com/dspCatPct.php?ct=anpcabmb (no, i'm not getting paid or anything!)
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend has rewards set for me, he is going to get me a new camera, and when i loose all the weight if it is by end of dec a trip, also when i reach his weight then I get another prize so these are all great incentives
  • lena0105
    lena0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My reward is shopping. Buying new clothes for smaller me!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I treat myself for every 10 pounds (have not had one in a while having a hard time wtih the last 15 pounds). Anyways my rewards have been new workout DVD, new cycling Jersey, new workout equiment (Anything fitness related), and once I reach my goal, I'm treating myself to a trip to Hawaii and renting a bike instead of a car.
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    My other half lost 90 lbs and got a tattoo, Chinese for 'life' to remind him never to go back to his old lifestyle. I think something like that has more meaning than a mani or pedi, especially if you have transformed your whole life!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with things that will keep me going - a new pair of running shoes, a new hydration pack, bike tires, etc. I do NOT reward myself with food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My rewards have always been wearing things that show off my figure. Not revealing or fancy necessarily, just something that shows my slimmer waist or flatter tummy.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    another 120 pounds and I am buying a jeep. Does that count? :)
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I didn't plan it, but I've started getting my nails done again. And I'm able to fit into all the clothes I loved but outgrew...it's been so long that it's like having a new wardrobe!
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every time I loose a pound I buy myself some Ben & Jerry's.. Yum!

Just Kidding.

I think my reward to myself is that I am getting into better shape.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    clothes of course!

But also- massages...that's a great reward particularly if you are pushing yourself in the exercise department!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i reward myself with things that keep me going or things i need because of the weight loss...like new tennis shoes, a belt, a pair of jeans. etc im also thinking maybe a fitbit or something like it when i reach my halfway point. at the end id like to go do a fun photo session to celebrate how awesome i look :P
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    actually- at some point, the clothes thing become a neccessity. I hardly have any that fit me properly anymore (lost another 20 lbs last year!).....but it's crazy fun to pull something off the shelf that you don't think you could fit in and try it on and it looks GREAT!

Oh man.

that's the best!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Shopping! I bought me a pair of jeans in a smaller size yesterday! I also have new running shoes, I will buy after I lose four more pounds!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I got myself a charm bracelet & get a charm for every 5 pounds.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    My reward for myself is clothes or something pricey that I want. I recently bought a new Lucky bag.
    My biggest reward is the support and love my boyfriend shows me. He was there when I looked the way I did on the left of my profile pic and he is still here. He always tells me he is proud.
    I'm looking forward to going to Vegas with him again and taking new pics in the same locations as all of our other (old) photos and comparing them. THAT is an awesome incentive.

Maybe you should reward yourself with a trip to somewhere you've always wanted to go?
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    actually- at some point, the clothes thing become a neccessity. I hardly have any that fit me properly anymore (lost another 20 lbs last year!).....but it's crazy fun to pull something off the shelf that you don't think you could fit in and try it on and it looks GREAT!

Oh man.

that's the best!

I went from an 18 to a 12. XL to a M. It's such a neccessity! So much more fun to shop!. I just cleaned out my shorts from last summer and held them up! WOW. LOL
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My next healthy habit reward will be a punching dummy and boxing gloves. :o)