NSV HERE!!!!

Options
I thought I'd start this thread since I tend to be VERY motivated by non-scale victories ALMOST more than anything else.

Well, this past weekend I had one of my VERY own.

When I've been smaller, I've taken this NSV for granted like mad. I never even thought about it until I couldn't do it anymore. But alas... VICTORY IS MINE!

Saturday night I crawled in the bed with my new Cosmopolitan magazine, a brand new nail polish (I'm addicted to the Insta-Dri colors) and and a big ol' mason jar of water with tons of ice. I turned on the TV and a marathon of America's Next Top Model was on. Needless to say, I was in heaven.

I got my basket of nail care and polishes and such and sat it next to me... and then here it comes...

I pulled my legs in (crossed) with my feet in a "polishable" position...and I painted ALL TEN of my toes WITHOUT running out of breath ONE TIME. I didn't even notice that I was doing this effortlessly until I got to about the 4th toe on the left foot. I was amazed. NORMALLY my legs are too swollen to bend or my gut is too bloated to allow me to lean over or in enough to paint my toes without holding my breath or having to take a break in between breaths.

If you have a NSV, please share it here. It REALLY is great motivation for some including and especially me. Maybe you just know how it feels to NEVER paint your own toes because of how much of a life or death experience it feels like. I didn't get extra emotional when it happened, but I think I sent a silent prayer up thanking God for His mercies that allow victories for me. Big and small.

Replies

• future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!!! Congrats!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Such a great feeling. :happy: This really did make me smile as I read it!

My NSV is this: The weather is BEAUTIFUL today so....I wore a dress and am not ashamed of my legs! :blushing:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    ok. This NSV may seem weird but have you seen that KIA commercial where the sandman gives the guy a dream of driving a KIA...and there is this "hot girl" who flies the racing flag for him?

I used to see commercials like that and only notice how I don't look like the "hot girl"....but when that one comes on, I notice all the ways my body does look like hers-especially her belly.

That was one crazy awesome NSV.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    (especially because my belly is the part of my body i like the least!)
  • GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MY NSV

I've recently started running, and this last weekend i looked down and noticed a hard bump and dent in the front of my calf...and OMG its a GLORIOUS muscle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?

You better work, GIRL!

Congratulations!
  • angela2084
    angela2084 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Only a girl can truly appreciate this NSV, lol! Congrats!!!
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! My NSVs are that I ran a 5K this past weekend and I have been lifting so I have muscles you can see!!!! So exciting for me!
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OP ...That is so awesome!
    My NSV for this week is.....I am officially out of plus sized pants! Woot woot!!!
  • Jenny1061
    Jenny1061 Posts: 29
    Options
    My seat belt fits better...not as tight
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    Great NSV about polishing your toenails.:drinker:

Mine is that the new, small-sized slacks (size 10) that I bought after Christmas are BAGGY and loose around the waist!:bigsmile:
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I realized today that even though I'm still a slow runner, I at least can run now... a year ago I hated the thought of running a mile and I could just barely do it. Now I can run at least three without any real problem!
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I could feel your smile from here....well done!

mine was when I was doing my usual oh God how fat does my stomach/ bum/ chins look in this outfit in the mirror, when I noticed I could see my collarbones again...yay they have been buried under blubber for a while but I can actually see the outline, can't wait til they get a bit more defined ;)
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! and CONGRATZ to you ALL celebrating NSV'S as well!!!

OMGosh, I am SO looking forward to the day when I see MY collarbones and also when I can run for ONE mile let alone THREE- way to go! Looking LIKE the girl in the commercial has GOT to be a banging feeling, but feeling like SHE can't hold a candle to YOU I'm sure is even better!

Keep em coming, these are great!
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    You are too cute and always in a the greatest mood :) but you gotta... cuz he woke us up :)

I have not yet had a NSV moment..but when I do.. I promise to share.

In the mean time... WTG... I'm so happy for you

xoxo
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I posted mine last week - but I know how you feel, so I will share again. I lost enough weight in my feet that my shoes are too big. My dress flats for work sound like flip flops!
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to learn this because i am a serious scale watcher
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That is such a great inspiration for me to start off this week! I loved reading this. :smile:
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here's my NSV: my mom has always been tiny, smaller than me. I've always been a 7/8 pant size ( i'm more curvy, which isn't a bad thing. Our bodies are just different) and she's more of the 1-5 range. But, a few weeks ago she asked me if I wanted a pair of jeans she bought. I was thinking "yeah right mom, like I've ever been able to wear your jeans!" She had bought a size 4 jean w/o trying them on so when she got home, they were a bit too big (eye roll please). I decided to give it a try, really just to amuse her. I had lost 5lbs, but didnt imagine it would make a difference. But then HOLY MAMACITA.......the freaking pants fit. And I dont mean, i had to wiggle into them. I mean they just FIT!!! Oh, wow, I was SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! And proud of myself!
    Now needless to say....I wear them all the time!!!!!
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    Hubby told me Saturday that I was slimming down nicely. :blushing: