My first NSV

Options
secretiive
secretiive Posts: 121 Member
When I first started working out in February, my heart rate was dangerously high when walking between 2.0 and 3.5 MPH on the treadmill and FORGET about the elliptical.

Well thanks to some effort, my heart rate now averages about 165-175 while doing about 5.0 mph on the elliptical.

I'm not having as much luck with the scale, but my heart surely appreciates the effort. :-)

Replies

• ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    thats the entire reason i want to lose weight. when i get out of bed my heart rate goes up and it shouldnt go as high as it does (well it used too) the doctors told me on christmas morning of 2010 I basically had a heart attack but I couldnt feel anything my heart was going 213 beats per minute and I was just laying there telling my fiance' I love him tell everyone I love them! I seriously thought I was gonna die!! I was crying throwing up my heart was like that for 3.5 hours, needless to say im traumatized from it i developed a bad anxiety disorder because of it. Thankfully that was 20 something pounds ago and now my heart rate is 160-175 on the treadmill at 6.0 so Im super happy and less worried
  • secretiive
    Options
    OMG that had to have been scary! Thank God for progress! I wish you the best with your continued success.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    and it gets better and easier as time gets by. Those intense heart rates get really scary...but keep it up!
  • WinterB2003
    WinterB2003 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! That is a great NSV!!! I'm happy and proud of you. Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    whats NVS btw??
  • secretiive
    Options
    it stands for non scale victory
  • secretiive
    Options
    Hey friend! That is a great NSV!!! I'm happy and proud of you. Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:

thank ya lady :bigsmile:
  • secretiive
    Options
    and it gets better and easier as time gets by. Those intense heart rates get really scary...but keep it up!

indeed! thank ya :smokin:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!