Weighing in Question:

Options
I normally weigh in on Monday's, but I peek at the scale on Sunday's because I'm so anxious.

I always have a loss on Sunday but then when I weigh in Monday morning, it either hasn't move...or this morning went up! Ugh!!
How frustrating!!!!!!!

Any idea why this is? Should I just change my weigh in day?

My theory is: I eat my 5 meals a day Monday - Friday, Saturday it's harder to eat those 5 meals. Even Sunday I barley get those 5 meals. Could this be it?

Advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you :)

Replies

• cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I know for me Friday nights, saturdays and sundays are the worst days for me. Not eating on schedule, over eating, hanging out with friends all play a role in my weight changes. I have found that weighing in on Friday mornings is the best for me.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in on Friday mornings! But it could really be any number of things if you just had a small gain. For example if you did a particularly hard workout yesterday your body will store some water to help repair your muscles.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Are you getting up later on Sunday'? The time difference could make a difference.

I know that I weigh every day. I count the loss, if I see the number two days in a row. It has worked for me so far.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's ultimately up to you. If you're peeking on Sunday now, you'll be peeking on Saturday if you change. What if you're lower on Saturday, would you want to change then too? Just saying, because I know the tendency. I find a Monday weigh-in easiest for me to loose weight. It keeps me honest all weekend! However, right now I'm on a Thursday weigh-in.
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm honest all week, even on weekends, but I just get to sleep in on Sunday's so I get up later. I guess if time makes a difference, that could be it too.

Thanks!
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    I never look until Thursday morning! A co-worker and I weigh in together. If I weigh too often I find the little fluctuations get to my head. I just follow the plan, don't think about numbers and then weigh in.

Don't peek and you won't be comparing to the day before!

Good luck with your weight loss, you're doing awesome!
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm honest all week, even on weekends, but I just get to sleep in on Sunday's so I get up later. I guess if time makes a difference, that could be it too.

Thanks!

I find no matter the day the best TIME of day to weigh myself is around 11am I always weigh more first thing in the morning for some reason and always weigh more later on after I've been eating and drinking all day

perhaps it's the time of day you weigh in that needs to change?
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    On Monday's I weight in at 5:30am...on Sunday;s when I peek, it's around 10am. Nothing to eat or drink prior to that. I wake up and hop on the scale.