21 months post WLS....

Options
Hi all,
I am Janica... 39 yr old mother of 2 "grown" (well by number anyhow) daughters, and wife to the most wonderful man in the world. 21 months ago (June 30th 2010) I had the Realize Lap Band surgery done. I was over 300 lbs at the time, had dangerously high blood pressure, border line diabetic, heart burn, joint pain, knee problems, hard time breathing, I'm sure I don't have to go on. My family doc told me Id not live to see my girls graduate, go to college, get married, have children... etc.... I REFUSED to let myself DIE because I could not do it on my own. I sought help, and thank God everyday I was able to get help! I have fallen off the "band wagon" (tee hee hee) as of late, in part because I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and after it came out I was able to eat any and pretty much anything, and because I didn't hurt FINALLY from eating I went a little crazy, and also used the pain from the surgery as an excuse not to "have" to exercise. And, well frankly, I am paying for those choices now, Ive gained 5 POUNDS back. Today is my "fresh start".... I am re-committing myself to my health, weight-loss, and my journey I started 21 months ago. So heres to FRESH STARTS and continued success!!!

Replies

• warrior_Kk
    Options
    You have quite the story. Keep up the fantabulous work!! :p
  • syb_227
    syb_227 Posts: 7
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! I am also 2 years & 2 months post-op gastric bypass surgery and have lost a total of 131 pounds. I weighed 165 in December 2010 (11 months post-op) and was at my thinnest/happiest. Unfortunately, I have allowed my emotional eating to undermine my success and have since creeped back up to 179. I am bound and determined to get back down to 160 or 165 to maintain a slimmer me AND fit comfortably back into my size 10 jeans.
  • JanicaPeterson
    Options
    I too am a "emotional" eater.... I was doing SUPER good with it, but recently I have let it slide.... Have a butt ton of stressors going on everyday.... Lets kick this "fat" thing in the *kitten*.....
  • JanicaPeterson
    Options
    Thanks hun!
  • jjomilligan
    Options
    I am almost 2 yrs post op as well. I had gastric bypass in May 2010. I am 5'11 and was 370 pre surgury weight and a size 26/28. I am down about 180 lbs and in a 9/10. My lowest size EVER!! :o) But......i have gained back a few pounds and am not excercising like I should. Winter blues :o(
    I am also an "emotional eater" Now that I can eat and tolerate more foods, I have begun to go back to my "evil ways" I joined MFP to see what I eat and have a tool to hold myself accountable. Best wishes on this new leg of your journey. we did it once we can do it again right!!