Small, but great NSV

Options
I went to the salon for a haircut, and my best friend from high school is my hairdresser. I haven't seen her since, like, October. First thing she said was, "You've lost weight!!" Felt so good to hear someone say it!!! Then I proceded to tell her how much I love mfp and how it has helped. :happy:

Replies

• secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes. It feels good when you can see it, but just *that* much better when someone else does.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Seeing it ourselves is nice. Clothes fitting better is great. But other people noticing and being excited for us is PRICELESS! Good for you!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Such a nice feeling! Keep up the great work!
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ran into someone I hadn't seen for about 6 months and (having lost 15 pounds so far), I thought she would say something about my weight loss. But, NOOO.... she asked if I got my haircut! How funny is that??? I look forward to the day that someone recognizes that I've lost weight because I continue to work so hard everyday to lose it ... it would be a very nice reward !!!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! Great job making that change and staying committed....look at your success so far! Keep it up, girl! :D ...Judy
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It feels great when someone you haven't seen in a while notices. Well done you.

I haven't seen my family since I was at my heaviest just before Christmas and I can't wait to see them in April.
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Thank you all!!!! It does feel great, especially since I really can't see it yet. I didn't think 27 lbs was much of a difference, but I have been told it is definitely noticable.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    that always makes one feel good
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, and thank you for sharing your NSV. It is a great feeling when others notice your progress as well.:happy:
  • aross123
    aross123 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations! It certainly feels great when someone notices your efforts. I'm fairly new to MFP, and I'm not familiar with NSV. What does it stand for?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!