Fitness Trainer question

Options
For those of you who are working with a trainer (or have worked with a trainer), how often did you see him/her?

Replies

• SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week.
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Once a week and its working great!
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Three times a week
  • diggcm
    diggcm Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW, does everyone see them that often!!!?
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    do you already belong to a gym . . . I found picking up 3 classes at the gym at least made me work out more often .. . Trainers are very expensive . . . Find a friend to meet at the gym 2-3x a week.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    WOW, does everyone see them that often!!!?

You asked how many times a week we met with a trainer, if and when we did. That's how many times I did, but, honestly, I do better without one. I push myself hard enough when I'm in the workout "zone" and don't need someone who is all buff and cut tellin' me I need to do more (although, I love lookin' at 'im! hehe!!). I always change up my routine and add more, the more fit I get. I've realized that it's never gonna be enough to others, no matter how much I've changed my lifestyle, and it makes me feel like a failure. So I've quit putting myself in those situations. However, I am very knowledgeable about fitness and nutrition, since that's my field, so you may find that you could use a trainer for awhile, and then, when you have enough of a foundation, continue on your own with what you've learned.

Here's an excellent website that has videos on how to use gym equipment and zero in on particular muscle groups, as well as a whole lot of other valuable health information: http://www.exrx.net.

All the best!!!

Susie