Best work lunches?

Options
Kait_liiin
Kait_liiin Posts: 31 Member
Any suggestions for healthy, tasty lunches that I can take to work with me?

Thx!
K

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Turkey and lowfat cheese sandwiches, Ham and swiss sandwiches, lean cuisines, the new pizza ones are really tasty! Romaine Lettuce with chicken salad inside,(no carb). Those are just a few things that I like :)

-Danielle
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I just had a tomato sandwich on whole wheat bread and a whole cucumber! I :heart: my garden!! :bigsmile:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Turkey and lowfat cheese sandwiches, Ham and swiss sandwiches, lean cuisines, the new pizza ones are really tasty! Romaine Lettuce with chicken salad inside,(no carb). Those are just a few things that I like :)

-Danielle

really? you like the pizza? i was upset:cry: i couldnt cook it in the oven!:sad: the bread was too doughy for me! :sad:

but i really fell in love with the cheesy broccoli potatoes from Smart Ones! MMMMMmmmmmmm:love:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I mostly do leftovers from dinner. So some kind of meat and some kind of veggies. I think these are tastier and healthier than things like Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice because they have a lot less sodium and a lot less carbs.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a salad. I just throw some salad in a large ziplock and I am out the door! (I keep an extra thing of salad dressing at work in the fridge)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches, low sodium lunch meat sandwiches, low sodium soups, chili, salads, whole grain crackers and/or veggies with cheese or hummus, cottage cheese, tuna, grilled chicken breast, whole wheat pasta with olive oil and veggies. I try to keep the processed frozen dinners to a minimum but once and awhile I like Lean Cuisines and MorningStar veggie burgers.
  • Jessimicab
    Jessimicab Posts: 21
    Options
    oatmeal!! LOL it's high in fibre and keeps you full. easy to keep in the desk and just add water!
    Also I love my boxed soups like knorr Autumn vegetable soup with real cream, and I keep a container of frank's red hot sauce in the wokr fridge... makes a bland soup.. interesting and keeps it low calorie enough to be good for you
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I mostly do leftovers from dinner. So some kind of meat and some kind of veggies. I think these are tastier and healthier than things like Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice because they have a lot less sodium and a lot less carbs.

Same here. Last night I made soup beans w/ham and fresh biscuits and a side of asparagus. Today for lunch - nice serving of the beans, 1 biscuit, last of the asparagus. About 400 calories, all real, all mine, and good good good. :happy:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I try to do leftovers most of the time, but do keep a box of Special K Protein bars in my desk in case I don't have time to make something. Cottage cheese, a tomato and a hard boiled egg is also a favorite.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Trader Joes there? Their salads are great and they have a lot of low-fat varieties. Today i'm having their reduced fat chinese chicken salad....310 calories with dressing.

But i swear by their low-fat greek - 140 calories including dressing!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    pb and simply fruit J on whole wheat w/carrots and/or grapes; weight control oatmeal b/c protein + fiber, hard boiled egss w/crackers and carrots; campbell's select harvest light italian style vegetable soup.

hth you mix things up a bit.
  • hamak13
    hamak13 Posts: 11
    Options
    But where is your protein? Protein helps maintain the sugar levels, so you don't crash later from all the carbs.
  • hamak13
    hamak13 Posts: 11
    Options
    Where did you get this smoke free banner from? It's cool :) And most importantly, good for you!
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    I'm pretty boring, I just do oatmeal every day for lunch. But it helps me to keep more calories for dinner.
  • CasperO
    Options
    Where did you get this smoke free banner from? It's cool :) And most importantly, good for you!

http://www.smokefreequitmeter.com/
  • Tissennae
    Tissennae Posts: 6
    Options
    How do you keep the ham & beans good for the next day? Mine always turn out mushy.

50997.png
  • CasperO
    Options
    I like 'em mushy,,, :tongue:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I make a low-fat version of chicken salad at home on the weekends, using low-fat mayonnaise, virtually sin free with curry powder, chopped raisins and celery!!! Egg salad also works.
  • alsmith84
    alsmith84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can of tuna mixed with 1 tablespoon of Kraft light mayo
    9 Breton brand crackers
    Super yummy, only 15 carbs (5 carbs per serving which is 3 crackers). Great source of protein!

I really love the Lean Cuisine chicken, mushroom and spinach panini sandwiches

Cottage cheese with sliced tomato and avocados

:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Cut up veggies with hummus and 1/2 of a chicken breast cooked.

Wash it down with water