MY FIRST NSV

Options
I just had my first NSV today: I lasted a whole 30 minutes doing Zumba 2 on the Wii. And I didn't collapse!!
It's the first thing I've noticed since starting MFP, the few pounds I've lost don't show, I've only lost an inch- and of course it was in my chest. So this is HUGE for me, something I can not only see but FEEL..

Just wish it didn't hurt my knees and legs so much.. I'm thinking that's from non-exercised body parts.

Replies

• fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations! The first few weeks can be rough when you know you're putting in the sweat, but not seeing the results you wanted. Just keep going and you'll get there! Changing takes time! :)
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratz, I love feeling better like that. I've been hiking the same trail twice a week and finally made it to the top one day, That was my 1st NSV. They feel better than the scale ones I think
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just started Zumba myself and found myself nearly wanting to drop dead by the end of class....and oh how my knees screamed!!! I would have to come home and immediately ice them to relieve the pain.

I went to the sneaker store and spoke to the guy there, told him I was doing zumba and I had knee problems and fitted me with a sneaker specifically made with a bit more shock absorbency than your average sneaker and it has made a world of difference. You might want to invest in a new pair to save your knees.
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks all!! I'm thinking I will have to get shoes fitted for me, I don't want the bad knees to stop me.
  • frizzyliz38
    Options
    Dance sneakers make an amazing difference.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Well done :D Keep going and the pain will slowly dissapear as you get stronger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!