SODA

Options
Today is my first day going with no Pepsi... Its only 3 and I feel like Im going to explode! I love my soda and I really miss it already. I usually have one or two 32 ounce fountain pepsi's a month. Have any of you went through this?? Hod did you cope? Did you give it up? How long did you give it up? All together or in moderation? What were the results like and were they worth it!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Jerra

Replies

• 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love PEPSI and have not had a SODA since Jan 22nd and guess what I do NOT miss them. I drink water and green tea. I sometimes use the Crystal Light packets but I love love love my water. I also did not have headaches from not having my soda like I normally do when I give it up, must be all the water helping out. I also noticed that not drinking it has really helped with my not being so bloaty all the time ( I am sure it has something to do with just eating better and exercising too), It will surely pay off though, so keep at it. Good Luck
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day going with no Pepsi... Its only 3 and I feel like Im going to explode! I love my soda and I really miss it already. I usually have one or two 32 ounce fountain pepsi's a month. Have any of you went through this?? Hod did you cope? Did you give it up? How long did you give it up? All together or in moderation? What were the results like and were they worth it!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Jerra

Per month or per day?

I used to drink 3-4 bottles of mountain dew every day.

The two liter bottles, that is.

I cut down to 3-4 cans per day and then cut from there. I'm now at 1-2 cans most days, unless I'm driving long distances. I realize that 0 would be better, as far as weight-loss and empty calories, but I figure that 1-2 cans is a hell of a lot better than 6-8 liters.
  • belinda56
    Options
    yes back 10 years ago i live on it every day and night i ending up in the hospital sick.. and find out it was the diet pepsi doing it so i had to get off it it took me 2 week doing it. i had a lot of head acks but i did it and i havent pick up on can of it for 10 years any kind of sode is bad for you even diet soda . it will make you gain.. so just hang in there you can do it .. if i can eny one can :))
  • aandbthomas1
    Options
    I started cutting Pepsi in January. I used to drink at least 2-3 20ozs a day, but cut back to one a day in January. In February I cut to one every other day. March 1st I cut out all Pepsi, but I still occasionally have a rootbeer when I feel the need for a Pepsi.

My next challenge for April is to start giving up my every other day starbucks habit, I think I will start only drinking it once a week and go from there. My ultimate goal is to be caffeinated drink free, hopefully in May.

Good luck to you.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used to drink about 3-4 cans a day. Now I have soda maybe once a week.
    What helped me was reading the ingredients on the back (that *kitten* is terrible) and reminding myself that 150 calories is a lot to waste on something that won't even fill me up.
  • ellel1234
    ellel1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to drink soda at least once a day, this past year I got kind of hooked and I must say I became a little addicted and didn't even realize it. I now have not had one soda in about 3 months and I am so proud of myself :) To be honest there are many things that I have splurged on and couldn't resist, however, soda has been pretty easy for me to say no to. I think the longer you resist it the easier it is to resist it. Now I just think about how gross soda is! Why on earth would I want all those chemicals and sugars in my body? Toxic mind, toxic body! So good luck to you, I KNOW you can do it :) And you will feel so much better about yourself once you get rid of it.