Specific FitBit Quesion and looking to purchase...

Options
I *think* I want to purchase a fit bit or something like that. Keeping track over EVERYTHING sounds really cool, but in reality, I would like to calculate specific calories burned for a specific workout and then enter that. Is this something FitBit can do? Any ideas or suggestions? I do not want a heart rate monitor only. I just returned one to Walmart that was a pain in the butt to figure out...something easy will keep me using it. =D Thanks!

Replies

• donnaonlybetter
    donnaonlybetter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Fitbit is an excellent tool to measure your goals. It's a pedometer, heart monitor, calorie counter, and a sleep monitor. Most people don't realize how much sound sleep is vital to reaching their weight loss goals. If you body doesn't rest enough, goals seem unattainable because your body has to work harder to reach them. Try it out! Right now they have free shipping! Much success!
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been using a FitBit since Dec. The FitBit is a great tool but it is not a heart monitor. It tells you total steps for the day, floors climbed, calories burned based on 3 different activity levels and it tells you how active you have been in the last 5 minutes. You can record activities and it tell you specifically how many calories you burned for that period. The FitBit can be synced with MFP. Doing that would tell you how many cals you've eaten and how many has been burned. The sleep monitor just tells you how active you were in the night. If you roll over it is recorded as a disruption. You may or may not have awakened.
    Please don't get me wrong, I love the FitBit and it is just what I need but it is not some miracle tool that is going to magically make the weight go away.
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Also, once you have connected the FitBit with MFP, FitBit can make adjustments to your calorie burned. For example, if you claim that you walked 10 miles and MFP gives you 200 calories, FitBit will adjust you up to compensate for what it calculates you burned. FitBit will never take away from you if you over calculate but it will give to you if you underestimate. So I figure as long as I get a small adjustment every night at least MFP is close to accurate. And most often it is.
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies!