New Moms

Options
Hi everyone! I've been on MFP for a couple of months now. I'm 27 years old and a new mom to a four month old boy. I'd never struggled with my weight until getting pregnant when I gained a whopping 80 pounds. Yes, 80! Oops. I'm here looking for fellow new moms who want to encourage one another.

Replies

• randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)

I had my son in July last year. I don't really know how much I gained at the end, but I know it was over 50. And what made it worse was that I am only 4' 10. But the most important thing to me was how healthy my little man was. Definitely overshadowed the weight gain!

I lost 25 pounds at first from doing nothing - water weight. Long story short, I was in and out of the hospital due to quite a few complications and my weight loss just stopped because I couldn't do much. But now with the pain subsiding, and using this awesome web site to track my food, I've lost 4 pounds so far.

I wish you luck and congrats on your little one! :)
  • Sparklie23
    Options
    Hi hi ! I'm a new mom myself. I had my baby girl back in October and I've been struggling losing all the extra weight too. I'm adding you :)
  • linajon
    linajon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also a new mom, I had my baby in Sept last year...Gained a total of 80 lbs (yikes) and have lost about 40 of it so far through various methods...now I need to take off the other 40lbs...glad I found this thread
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have the same situation (sorta)
    New Mom
    Gained 60 pounds
    And struggling to loose it...

add me if you wish
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom, i had our little boy in Jan :) I didn't gain weight, i actually lost weight and didn't really gain any (they could never explain to me why) but I am trying to lose weight so as he gets older i can keep up with him :) Congratulations :) Feel free to add me!!!
  • Skinny4BG
    Skinny4BG Posts: 145
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I had my daughter a year ago.. March 14th, and still struggling losing the rest of the baby weight. I was 135 lbs when I got pregnant and gained 60 pounds with her. I started my weight loss push at 155lbs and 2 weeks later Im sitting at 147lbs. Still have another 12 lbs to go before I am back in my "skinny" clothes. I'm glad I ran across this, cause we all know that baby weight is hard to drop. Good to have other people I can relate to, and come to for help.
  • SBerrio
    SBerrio Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow mommies. I am a mother of a 4 year old girl and 11 month old boy.With both I gained 50lbs. I am 30 lbs away from my goal weight. Its so much harder once we have our little ones. I am a member of Lucille Roberts and go during my lunch hour. Now that the weather is getting better here in NY I am starting to walk home from the train station (30 min brisk walk).
    Good luck to everyone. We can def. do this!!! :)))))
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just had my little man 3-9-12. I gained 40 lbs with this one. With my first son I gained 75 lbs. Feel free to add me I am looking for more friends on here.
  • hannahleng
    Options
    Hi im 26 and have just had my little boy 7 weeks ago, i gained 27lbs but its going to be sooo hard to shift as ive had problems loosing weight in the past!!
    Any encouragement i can give or receive so we can all get to our ideal weights again!!

xx
  • EmmaLouiseClayCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm a little different. I actually weighed less the week after my son was born in May 2010 than I did before I got pregnant., by about 5lbs. My problem was the year after he was born, I put on 28lbs. he's now 22 months and I'm now as of today 22lbs down. Feel free to add me.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support and motivation. I had my son 17 months old and gained 36 lbs when I was pregnant. I worked out every day while pregnant and 1 week after delivery I lost 22 lbs without doing any exercise. After that I had to work for the rest of the weight loss.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • poetuck
    poetuck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi stay strong and keep focused on your weight loss goals.

When I was pregnant with my first (son) I started out at 125pds and day of delivery I weighed 204 pds for a total gain of 79 pounds. When I came home from the hospital I felt like a swim suit model only to step on the scale and realize I only lost 11 pounds and I was like WTF!!??? Needless to say once I was about 6 weeks post pregnancy and was able to start a exercise routine I began my weighloss journey. By the time my son turned 6 months old I had lost 60 pounds of the 79 I had gained. I eventually finally got myself down to 130 which I was more then happy with (coming in 5 pounds away from where I started) and I maintained that weight till I got pregnant with baby number 2 last May, 2011. I just had my baby girl on Feb 13th 2012 and again I had gained 78 pounds and came home from the hospital again only 10 pounds lighter, ugh the utter disguise lol I just started an exercise routine last week and now that my daughter is 5 weeks old today I have lost so far 29 pounds, so the weight loss journey begins yet again.

The point Im trying to make here is you are not alone. Yes there are woman that barely gain any weight from pregnancy but there are way more woman who do gain weight and way more then the average 30 pounds. If you have the WANT to lose it you WILL lose, just keep focused and keep motivational things around. Each week take photos of yourself to keep comparing the weightloss, carry around a great picture you love of yourself from when you where in a weight bracket you were happy with, buy a pair of jeans one size down that dont fit and keep trying them on once a week till you can button them and wear them, losing inches is huge and can keep you motivated even if the number on the scale doesnt show much improvement.

And lastly if you ever plan on having another baby just make sure you get to a happy weight for you so if you do gain alot again the next time its not like your adding say 80 pounds ontop of what you didnt lose with pregnancy number one.

Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you need more support.
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi stay strong and keep focused on your weight loss goals.

When I was pregnant with my first (son) I started out at 125pds and day of delivery I weighed 204 pds for a total gain of 79 pounds. When I came home from the hospital I felt like a swim suit model only to step on the scale and realize I only lost 11 pounds and I was like WTF!!??? Needless to say once I was about 6 weeks post pregnancy and was able to start a exercise routine I began my weighloss journey. By the time my son turned 6 months old I had lost 60 pounds of the 79 I had gained. I eventually finally got myself down to 130 which I was more then happy with (coming in 5 pounds away from where I started) and I maintained that weight till I got pregnant with baby number 2 last May, 2011. I just had my baby girl on Feb 13th 2012 and again I had gained 78 pounds and came home from the hospital again only 10 pounds lighter, ugh the utter disguise lol I just started an exercise routine last week and now that my daughter is 5 weeks old today I have lost so far 29 pounds, so the weight loss journey begins yet again.

The point Im trying to make here is you are not alone. Yes there are woman that barely gain any weight from pregnancy but there are way more woman who do gain weight and way more then the average 30 pounds. If you have the WANT to lose it you WILL lose, just keep focused and keep motivational things around. Each week take photos of yourself to keep comparing the weightloss, carry around a great picture you love of yourself from when you where in a weight bracket you were happy with, buy a pair of jeans one size down that dont fit and keep trying them on once a week till you can button them and wear them, losing inches is huge and can keep you motivated even if the number on the scale doesnt show much improvement.

And lastly if you ever plan on having another baby just make sure you get to a happy weight for you so if you do gain alot again the next time its not like your adding say 80 pounds ontop of what you didnt lose with pregnancy number one.

Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you need more support.
    Thanks for the great advice!