How to I shrink belly fat?

Options
Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to cut or shrink belly fat. I am walking (with my two dogs), Zumba, Ellipical, and some Yoga. I seem to store all my fat in my belly and it got worse after my son was born. I eat good carbs only but I think I may be getting to much protein???

I am hoping to trop at least on pant size in 30-60 days.

Replies

• IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I heard that dairy helps to focus on belly fat. Google it. Good Luck, I'm curious what other think too. :)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My problem is bloating more than fat and is made worse by eating sugar and refined carbs. I've just gone 4 weeks without sugary treats and my pants are much looser. Acidopholis (sp?) helps.
  • kdrew1
    kdrew1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far! I dropped a whole pant size doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Just be aware, the video is not the greatest for losing weight, but you will lose inches. It is a 20 minute video you could add onto your workout regimen and you will see awesome results.

Good Luck!
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. Sugar and processed foods are terrible. If you cut them out and drink skim milk, I'm sure you will see a difference in a few weeks. :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Deep squats, dead lifts, these type of core exercises are really helping me shrink the belly fat!!!
  • cindylay
    cindylay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wheat??
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Keep your carbs low and do more cardio. About 60 grams of carbs a day should be enough to function properly.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You can not target fat in a specific part of your body. All you can do is reduce your overall body fat
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Ab Ripper X. has been working for me.:happy:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Genetics. Lose weight, and it will come off wherever it comes off.
    You just can't target it like that.
  • ThinMint_Stac
    ThinMint_Stac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eating good fats like olive/olive oil, avacodos,raw nuts(almonds are the best)...look up the Fat belly diet. It has some more great things in it.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You can not target fat in a specific part of your body. All you can do is reduce your overall body fat

You win first prize!!

Everyone else... You should've studied more.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. The best advice you have gotten though is stuff that should help with some of the bloat. It won't be fat reduction, but you will see a reduction in your belly if you can reduce bloat. There was an article in Oxygen Magazine a few months ago that detailed certain foods that cause bloat. I would Google it, there were lots of healthy foods on there! It wasn't saying to avoid them all the time, but if you were trying to wear a really fitted dress or something and avoided the high bloat foods that week you would probably see a flatter belly. All of that said, you will eventually lose the belly fat, search the forums for threads related to "abs are made in the kitchen." For most of us, the belly is the first place we gained our weight and for most of us, it is the last place to go.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I have a magic wand that shrinks mine when I wave it in the air and say fat be gone three times in a row while hopping on one foot, wearing nothing but undies.

:bigsmile:

I'm just teasing. You can't "shrink belly fat" by doing anything special. You cannot spot reduce. Do your cardio, burn the fat, and be patient. Also, killing yourself with crunches and/or other ab exercises is still not going to get your tummy flat, I'm sorry to say! Good luck! My belly fat was the last to go... I had about 25lbs to lose and I lost it from everywhere else first. Didn't start noticing a flat stomach until the last 5 lbs or so.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ding ding ding THIS is your winning answer you can not target lose it goes as it wants to go my belly is the last to move
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Totally agree. Any trainer will tell you that. Total body workouts, circuit classes.
  • templeofgod
    Options
    Eliminate processed foods and refined sugar. Lessen the amount of carbs you eat. You should be eating more protein than anything else. That helps to build muscle and lose weight. You should have a nice balance of lean proteins, healthy fats and carbs. You can not spot reduce but you can do more core workouts to help build lean muscle in your ab area. Muscle burns fat. I would also suggest drinking lots of water and green tea. Also avoid lots of sodium as it caused bloating. :) Good luck on shedding belly fat. :0) Try Jillan Michaels 6 week 6 pack DVD. It will help target the abs. :)
  • marrtini21
    marrtini21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Crunches! I could work out -jog, swim, do aerobics and I barely saw any difference. Doing 3 sets of 50 reps every or every other day helps me replace my belly fat with nice abs.
  • ericaaudris
    Options
    I'm no fitness expert, but my understanding is that there's no quick and easy method of getting a rock hard six pack. If you carry excess weight around your middle, no amount of crunches will do it... Losing weight (all over) is the only way to shrink your middle. You should consider adding some strength training to your workout regimen. Strength training increases muscle mass and makes you lose weight faster! Pilates is also a very good workout for your core.

Good luck!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    engage your core completely no matter what exercise you do... of course curve your diet...