Howdy

Options
Hi, I'm Jeremy from Virginia. I joined this yesterday so I'm saying hi and seeing if anybody wants to friend me up.

As some background, about six years ago, I went on Weight Watchers and lost about 70 pounds. Then I got married about 40 pounds shy of my goal and have gradually put nearly all that 70 pounds back on. I was getting ready start back on Weight Watchers yesterday and found this app on my phone and figured I'd give it a shot instead. My main reason for doing so is that I found Weight Watchers SO time intensive in computing the points. The new program has changed the formula to include even another variable to enter to get the computation, which bummed me out. This program seems so much simpler with the barcode scanning and the huge database already established. Since I work for me now, time is a precious commodity.

So there's me. Lookin' forward to it!

Replies

• gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey NEIGHBOR I'm Gin from Virginia LOL would love to be friends, need all the motivation I can get, feel free to send me a request. OH and i didnt know this app included a bar code scanner? hmmm not sure mine downloaded correct I dont see anything like that with mine
  • jenirobinson
    Options
    Feel free to add me...Good luck and I think you will love using MFP!!
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. This is a great place for motivation and staying on track. Heaven knows it has helped me: )
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    Welcome and good luck...this is a great site! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love MFP it works great for me..
  • my2girls2012
    Options
    Hi Jeremy. Feel free to add me. i think you will enjoy this site.
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeremy. Glad you joined! Feel free to add me. I have lost 22 pounds since starting with this program. If you are faithful to post all your foods (and be honest :smile: with the quantities) you will lose pounds. Don't forget your exercise - even if it is just walking. I slipped away from the program a few months ago, but kept 20 pounds off because I remembered the basics of the program and stuck with the foods I was eating. I am now back to it, and have a new goal to lose an additional 20 pounds by the end of June. I too gained weight after marriage. I became so happily married that I packed on 30 pounds due to eating out (a lot) and keeping up with my man. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey, but something tells me you won't need it. If you have lost the weight before, you can do it again. I know a strong mind and desire will keep you going - even when you feel you can't. No excuses...you can do it.
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey NEIGHBOR I'm Gin from Virginia LOL would love to be friends, need all the motivation I can get, feel free to send me a request. OH and i didnt know this app included a bar code scanner? hmmm not sure mine downloaded correct I dont see anything like that with mine

After you select the meal you want to add to, there's a button just to the right of the "search for food" entry box.
    At least that's how it is on my android phone....