Over eaten

Options
What do you do if you've over eaten? Do you cut back the next day or carry on with your normal daily allowance?

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Carry on and move on.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much. It it's just a little over, within 100 cals I just move on. If it's more than that I build it into the rest of my week and make sure I average out at the end of the week.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    as long as you mainly stay on track you'll lose weight..
    the random days of overeating don't mean much if you go right back to the plan..and not throw in the towel
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If possible, I workout hard that same day. The next day I work out again but cut back.
  • EricDe90x
    EricDe90x Posts: 51
    Options
    If I've significantly over eaten (300+ extra calories) then I just do a lot of cardio the next day, but still go with my normal daily allowance of calories. And I don't eat my exercise calories.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Good question. For the last six months, I've forgiven myself and moved on, but then, I was usually over by less than 100 calories most days. Saturday I was at a St. Patrick's Day celebration, and I was over by more than one thousand calories. Forgiving myself is a little harder today. I like the suggestion made by allypri. It still won't average out for me, but then I can practice forgiveness again I guess..
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Drown in my own tears of remorse.
    Then carry on as normal.
    And then bask in the memory of my temporary indulgence.
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    try and get a workout in asap and just carry on as normal
  • keependuring
    keependuring Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Work it into the week's total. If you just eat protein on day, it is easy to be under calories and not hungry.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Neither I try to get an inense workout in to counterbalance it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I let it go and try to do better next time.
  • rbaumch
    rbaumch Posts: 6
    Options
    Each day is created as it's own with a new slate. I have a new calorie allowance each day, and if I am over or under for that day, the next day is a brand new day!

You can drive yourself crazy by trying to figure out your calories from day to day to get your week to balance.
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just carry on the next day as usual. If I tried to keep up with the overs and unders, I'd either drive myself crazy or give up all together.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just keep it in mind when planning what to eat, and whether or not to impulse snack the next day. I normally impulse snack during a day and will mentally figure my calories to somewhat compensate for the overage the day before. Don't beat yourself up. Even at 1700 cals over, it's half a pound, it won't kill you as long as it's not constant. We are all human and make mistakes, it's nothing you can't get past.