Question

Options
I have a question.......Does anyone out there think I could possibly lose 15 pounds by Sept. 20th? :noway: Thats my birthday and I am so so so determine to do this.......If I really put alot of work into it and watch what I eat .......I think I can.......I think I can........:tongue::bigsmile:

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You probably could but not sure it would be healthy.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well It depends, you have maybe 7 weeks, at two pounds a week- it's almost feasible. It will depend on how much you have to lose, and how much of a change you are making. Often folks who make a radical change and have more to lose see a bigger, quicker initial loss.

Work for it- in a healthy way, and if you make it awesome, if not, you can still reflect on the healthy changes you made this year, and look forward to the ones you will make before your next birthday.

Good luck.
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Sure you can. What's it work out to? Lose less than 2 lbs a week? You can do it if your really motivated!:drinker:
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah Ive been eating lots of tomatos....and Im going to eat other vegetables too...drink lots of water, which I do anyways...and walk, walk & walk........Im going to jog some too!!! Thanks everyone!!!!!!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Start working out today! Starting eating better by having a healthy dinner tonight.
    You could also try adding a workout dvd to your walking and jogging.
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    TOTALLY! I've been averaging 10 pounds a month, so I think that is completely doable give or take a couple pounds :happy:
  • Kanderson47
    Options
    Start working out today! Starting eating better by having a healthy dinner tonight.
    Have you figured out what kind of workout plan you're going to do?

Im going to eat more vegetables....and drink lots of water.....and walk my butt off......:laugh: I mean that..............:embarassed:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    It really depends more on how much you need to lose and what your body fat % is than anything else. If you've already been eating relatively healthy and working out, then it's all about how much you need to lose.

Also, I don't understand, if you want to lose 15 by September why does it say you are looking to lose 10 on your profile?
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    im trying to lose another 10 by september 27th, (my bday) thats about a pound a week. :bigsmile:
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    I have a question.......Does anyone out there think I could possibly lose 15 pounds by Sept. 20th? :noway: Thats my birthday and I am so so so determine to do this.......If I really put alot of work into it and watch what I eat .......I think I can.......I think I can........:tongue::bigsmile:

It would be helpful to know your starting weight...Everything I've read says that the more you have to lose the more you can expect to lose per week. Example, I started full force on 6/4 @ 235lbs. I work out 7 days a week with at least 1hr of good cardio & 30 mins of strength training. I try to switch up the exercise routine as much as possible. I'm doing 1200 cals a day plus some of my exercise calories. I gave up eating out, cut back to 1 mocha a day & 1 soda every few days. I drink lots of water & my diet is low fat, low sodium, moderate carbs, high protein with lots of fresh veggies. I've replaced the afternoon soda/coffee with low cal FRS energy. I have lost 27 lbs, most of which was during the first month. But obviously I have a lot to lose.

There's no harm in setting a lofty goal, but don't be disappointed if you don't reach it. Also, I'd reccommend taking measurements as well as watching weight because on weeks when my loss was disappointing I've often found a loss in inches--I attribute this to weight training.

Good Luck :).
  • meikathadiva
    Options
    I think you can attain that goal. I started dieting about a month ago and I lost 8 pounds. I cut down to 1200 calories a day and I do wii fit everyday. If I lost 8 pounds in a month YOU CAN definitely loose it if you stay dedicated and motivated.

Good Luck
  • Kanderson47
    Options
    It really depends more on how much you need to lose and what your body fat % is than anything else. If you've already been eating relatively healthy and working out, then it's all about how much you need to lose.

Also, I don't understand, if you want to lose 15 by September why does it say you are looking to lose 10 on your profile?

BECAUSE..Ive been sooo bad......and gained a couple more lbs....I just havent changed that. ..And Im really starting to feel bad about it........and I am determine to feel good again about myself......thanks!