GOODLIFE BODY PUMP CLASS

Options
Hi there, I just did my first bodypump class after being retired lol, my question is to anyone that might now, how man calories are approximately burned during an hour class? I am not sure how to log this in my exercise log. Please help.

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I take it at my local gym and i burn about 350 in the hour..5'4 133lbs! BUT i use a HRM!! If you dont have one i would highly suggest in getting one..i have the polar ft4 and LOVE it :)
  • DoodleDaft
    Options
    I log Bodypump as a strength exercise so I don't get any extra cals for it however I believe it falls more into muscle endurance making it more along the lines of an aerobic class than lifting in the gym. I used to wear an HRM to BodyPump years ago and seem to remember burns in the region of 400 to 500 cals, unfortunately I no longer have my HRM so haven't measured recently. I do a ton of exercise so figure that not counting Bodypump gives me a buffer for the times that MFP is over generous with the exercise cals but ideally measuring all your burns with an HRM would be best. :-)
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I usally burn between 400 and 600calories, usually around 500. This is according to my hrm. I am 5'5 169lbs. I also usually push myself pretty hard.
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I take body pump class at my local YMCA. I burn around 250- 300 cals . I do use a HRM watch.:smile:
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yep..5'2 here, 220 lbs, 43 yrs old
    pump will register anywhere between 350-530 ib my hRM
    before that i just logged it as circuit training :)
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I log mine under circuit training general. I also push myself pretty hard. I am always trying to up my weights! If you want to play it on the safe side only log it as 50 mins instead of 60. That way you take out the cooldown and ab work.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Definitely an HRM would benefit you! I do Les Mills Pump at home and love it... However I wear my HRM, that way I get an exact amount on my calories burned! Good luck!