Am I eating too many carbs? Even though they're healthy carb

Options
So, I keep coming up with this same problem. I entered my food in tomorrow because I work tomorrow, that way I don't go overboard on calories. Well what I'm eating for tomorrow is all very healthy, my one problem is, my carb intake is nearly always almost 200g a day. Even where tomorrow I entered a lot of food in, and it just happened to be below my calorie goal, but my carbs are still so high. Granted the carbs are all from healthy foods, but a carb is still a carb. So does anyone else have this problem?? Is that too many carbs to eat?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So, I keep coming up with this same problem. I entered my food in tomorrow because I work tomorrow, that way I don't go overboard on calories. Well what I'm eating for tomorrow is all very healthy, my one problem is, my carb intake is nearly always almost 200g a day. Even where tomorrow I entered a lot of food in, and it just happened to be below my calorie goal, but my carbs are still so high. Granted the carbs are all from healthy foods, but a carb is still a carb. So does anyone else have this problem?? Is that too many carbs to eat?

Are you getting in adequate protein and fats? If the answer is yes and you are coming in under your calorie goal then no you're not getting in too many carbs
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options

Are you getting in adequate protein and fats? If the answer is yes and you are coming in under your calorie goal then no you're not getting in too many carbs
    This^^ what is your macronutrient breakdown?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

I agree 100%
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    I totally have this problem too. I don't really have any advice because I haven't figured it out either, but I love carbs. I eat a LOT of fruit, plus I really love bread and pasta, so my carbs always end up being high. If you've already reached your carb limit for the day but you have leftover calories, try eating something like cheese or eggs (high in protein, no carbs). That's what I do and it's been working pretty well. :)
  • prettythinaly
    Options
    I have the same problem. mine are almost always around 200 no matter how perfect i eat. it drives me insane!!
  • 2009nlt
    2009nlt Posts: 12
    Options

This^^ what is your macronutrient breakdown?

Yes! that's why it's driving me nuts. I get plently of everything I need. I also eat extremely healthy, I'm Pescatarian, so the only meat I eat is seafood. I workout yet I'm not losing weight at all. I was eating 1,500 calories a day, and that wasn't doing anything, so I limited it to 1,200 calories...and still nothing.
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can customize your goals, including your macros, which means you can set it high enough so it stops showing red.

Go to My Home > Goals, and select Custom: Manually set my own custom fitness goals

This way it won't drive you crazy seeing the red, but you'll still be tracking it, so you can see if you go up to 300.
  • ottarv
    ottarv Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you tried reading about BMR and TDEE? Check this post out it explains it fairly well http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr
  • 2009nlt
    2009nlt Posts: 12
    Options
    You can customize your goals, including your macros, which means you can set it high enough so it stops showing red.

Go to My Home > Goals, and select Custom: Manually set my own custom fitness goals

This way it won't drive you crazy seeing the red, but you'll still be tracking it, so you can see if you go up to 300.

lol that's why it upset me, because how I have everything is customized.