Oh ouch.

Options
I tried my first 30 day shred workout yesterday and I am so sore I am scared to do another workout tonight. Ouch! :)

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The soreness will fade! Have fun!
  • daewynn
    daewynn Posts: 8
    Options
    My hot-water bottle is my best friend right now. Just started Level 3 day 1. It does get better...you get a good sore instead of an I can't stand up sore. Good luck!!!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    No pain, no gain. You can do it.!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I did the Shred last summer the first half of every level I was cursing Jillian Michaels out walking down the stairs in the morning. Holy crap did it work my legsand glutes.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Get a good recovery drink and have it right after your workout. It makes a huge difference!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Okay, sorry to be so stupid and out of touch with reality but, what is the "30 day shred" that I see on the forum so much???? :smile:
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well done on your fantastic weight loss so far!! Good for you! I have been here 3 weeks now and not lost a pound!!!

I have completed 10days of level 1 moving up to level 2 today. Sorry to say but your legs will ache quite a bit intitally. It was 4 days before I could sit down without complaning or change the car gears without going 'ouch'!! However, it is quite a good feeling of achievement knowing I completed the session, albeit the easier moves and lighter weights. I have only progressed to 2lbs weights now! Better than nothing though!

I would say that you MUST STRETCH OUT much longer than Jillian does in her DVD and do a few extra leg stretches too. Hopefully that may help.

Good luck for tomorrow!
  • GiveMeSun
    GiveMeSun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Done. I didn't hurt as much as I thought I would. I followed the workout with a 15 minute walk with the dogs. It isn't every day in March that we get an 80 degree day in Michigan! Gotta be outside.