Xbox 360 Kinect

Options
Hi all...

New here. Was wondering if anyone used the Kinect games for their exercise routines and if it works for you.

Replies

• phillygirl2012
    Options
    I haven't used it exclusively, but I am in favor of Zumba rush. I did the medium length workout the other day and did not know it was almost an hour long. I burned mad calories. I also own Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and I highly recommend this one too. It has a variety of different workouts with different lengths.
  • nanochic
    nanochic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like Dance Central (both 1 and 2), though it's not a steady stream of dancing because there is the time where you have to pick the next song and difficulty level. There might be a way to streamline it, but I haven't looked into it yet.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I have the Zumba Rush for the Kinect and I love it! There are a few songs I hate, so I made a list and customized my own workout. I actually sweat, and I never did with Zumba for the wii. I had the Your Shape Fitness 2012 and I was not as impressed with it as I thought I would be. The zumba is just more fun. I am a HUGE fan of the Kinect!
  • shawnamcc2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

I have the Zumba one... was looking into the Fitness one, but wasn't sure if it was worth it because I sweat playing most of the games I have, lol... Plus they all get my heart rate up.

I have the Sports Seasons 1 & 2, the Adventures game that came with it, one of the dance games. They all give me a workout. But as I'm looking to drop 70 pounds, I was hoping this would be the best way to get off my sedentary butt. I'm a full-time non-traditional college student and need to do something, lol...

And I LOVE my Kinect as well! :)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and I just love it. There are a lot of different styles of workouts on it.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have biggest loser for it but have to fight my daughter for a turn
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I really like Dance Central (both 1 and 2), though it's not a steady stream of dancing because there is the time where you have to pick the next song and difficulty level. There might be a way to streamline it, but I haven't looked into it yet.

In the second one, not sure about the first, you can set up playlists. That's what I do for my exercise, as it gets rid of difficulty and such. You just choose it one in the beginning.