New High School Kid looking for tips

Options
Hey guys what's up my names Brian and I am a high school student. I weigh 169.5 pounds and am 6 foot 1. I decided to join this site because I feel as if I am kinda out of shape, and am looking into starting my own exercise program everyday 6 days a week. I am very busy due to me being enrolled in multiple AP and Honors classes, but I have decided to strap myself down and make some time to exercise and get fit. I play basketball every weekend on Saturday and was going to make that my day off so i can enjoy it with my buds and still lose weight. I started my workout today. I made it pretty straight forward doing 30 Push-Ups and 30 Curl-Ups. I timed myself each time and recorded the times in a chart. I planned on working out every other day. But after some research I learned that i should try to do it everyday. Please let me know if I should add anything to my daily workout. Because of this I have also started eating healthier. I use to never eat fruits or vegetables but now i do! Please give me any feedback thanks!

Replies

• hassan26
    hassan26 Posts: 37
    Options
    Go one youtube and a couple fitness channels, that could really help you with your goals.

Some of my favorites are Scott Herman...... http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottHermanFitness

And Twin Muscle Workout..... http://www.youtube.com/user/twinmuscleworkout

Hope this helps.
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    welcome. you could add some kind of cardio and do it on alternate days. \you could also lift some free weights starting out slow. strength training is fabulous for your body shape.
  • patsfan1106
    Options
    Thanks, will check out their channels
  • patsfan1106
    Options
    welcome. you could add some kind of cardio and do it on alternate days. \you could also lift some free weights starting out slow. strength training is fabulous for your body shape.

Thanks, will look into lifting some.
  • patsfan1106
    Options
    anyone else?
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are already on the right track. Exercising and cutting back on your calories are the most effective tools for weight loss. I have been on MFP since May 2011 and I still log in to record my food which has helped me to stay accountable. It's taken too long to lose the weight and I don't want it to come back on. Are there any support groups for teen weight loss in your area. I joined TOPS (Take off pounds sensibly) I weigh in only at the meetings once a week and have found great support from others with the same struggles. Good luck!!
  • FeelTheBurn73
    Options
    I know how you feel! I'm a high school senior with the stress of four AP classes and senioritis of course haha.It's hard to eat healthy when my friends insist on eating crap like Whataburger and I have to find some other way to eat.

Btw, for workouts try 6 times a week, you need a rest day!
  • patsfan1106
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips, bumping
  • patsfan1106
    Options
    any tips today?