1st day on MFP

Options
kjzt63
kjzt63 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! I am almost 49 and need to lose 60 pounds. I have made my 50th birthday (in 13 months) as my target date to meet my goal, so that is only about 4.5 pounds a month. Just had surgery in January and I'm ready to take control of my life back after 3 miserable years. I want to eat healthier and get a better handle on portion control and add daily exercise (mainly walking) to my schedule.

I'm looking for some support to keep me accountable and make some new friends in the process.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, if you'd like. I have less to lose, but I know how you feel about getting control of your life and eating habits.
  • BeckyFisher1954
    BeckyFisher1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today's my first day, too! I'll be 58 next month and my weight has really gotten out of control in the past couple years. WW didn't seem to do the trick anymore for me, so I need to start a new program and get my life back in control. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll BOTH meet our goals! ~Becky
  • Good luck! I had the same goal but never had MFP to help. I am even more determined to lose the 60 pounds now that I am 50!!! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!