Can eating waffles in the morning help me lose weight?

Options
If I eat frozen waffles in the morning, will it help me lose weight? There are only 360 calories in the 4 waffles I eat, and the sugar-free syrup is 60 calories for half a cup. This fills me up and would waffles be a good food to eat in the morning to help me lose weight? Also, I'm drinking a protein shake with 26 g protein and 130 calories. This is 550 calories total. Could eating the waffles help me lose weight on a 1520 calorie diet??

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    No food can help you lose weight...but if you stay within your calorie deficet goal then if waffles is what you want go for it.
    I would personally choose something more nutrient dense and less processed for breakfast because that tends to keep me fuller longer. But if waffles will keep you on track go then go for it!
  • patebishop
    Options
    Alright thanks .
  • patebishop
    Options
    BUMP
  • JRO2685
    JRO2685 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Why bump when you already got the right answer?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your macros than anything is game.

Love waffles :D
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm waffles. I wouldn't eat them every day, but that's because I insist on eating mine with real maple syrup and butter...your way is better. But maybe some fruit for a change every now and then....
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    One thing to consider is that frozen waffles (probably) have a relatively high glycemic index, so if you find yourself hungry in an hour or so afterwards, you might want to consider adding or replacing them with something heartier, with a lower GI index (like eggs, etc.).
    Options
    One thing to consider is that frozen waffles (probably) have a relatively high glycemic index, so if you find yourself hungry in an hour or so afterwards, you might want to consider adding or replacing them with something heartier, with a lower GI index (like eggs, etc.).

OP did say that they kept them full though.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If I eat frozen waffles in the morning, will it help me lose weight? There are only 360 calories in the 4 waffles I eat, and the sugar-free syrup is 60 calories for half a cup. This fills me up and would waffles be a good food to eat in the morning to help me lose weight? Also, I'm drinking a protein shake with 26 g protein and 130 calories. This is 550 calories total. Could eating the waffles help me lose weight on a 1520 calorie diet??

The main question I have is how soon do you become hungry again. Starting a day with carbs and no protein, for me, turns into a day where I am constantly craving something to eat. If this happens to you, I'd choose a different breakfast. The balance of the protein shake may be enough to keep that from happening.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

She didn't actually indicate if it KEPT her full - only that it filled her to begin with.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If you eat a healthy breakfast (and I think waffles are just fine) and it fits into your calories and macros then eating the breakfast will help you not over eat or make unhealthy snack decisions later in the morning. Breakfast gets your body fueled properly first thing in the morning.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No food can help you lose weight...but if you stay within your calorie deficet goal then if waffles is what you want go for it.
    I would personally choose something more nutrient dense and less processed for breakfast because that tends to keep me fuller longer. But if waffles will keep you on track go then go for it!
    Agree!
  • patebishop
    Options

The main question I have is how soon do you become hungry again. Starting a day with carbs and no protein, for me, turns into a day where I am constantly craving something to eat. If this happens to you, I'd choose a different breakfast. The balance of the protein shake may be enough to keep that from happening.
    Along with the protein shake I have 34 grams of protein total. I think that is plenty of protein to start off the morning.....
    Options

She didn't actually indicate if it KEPT her full - only that it filled her to begin with.

Kind of a good assumption there though that he did keep full

34g of protein is good btw, If you enjoy it then eat it :]
  • DistortedButterfly
    DistortedButterfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm waffles :)
    Options
    mmmmmm waffles :)
    mIuMr.gif
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

I agree with the above. As long as you have the calories by the end of the day you will lose weight. It won't help you become much healthier as there isn't a lot of nutrients in frozen waffles and syrup.