Have you overcome confidence affecting your love life?

Options
Lately I have just been feeling really icky and unattractive, so I don't want to get close to my SO sometimes. I mean the way he talks you would think I'm the most attractive person ever so it's not his fault, it's all me.

I would like to be close all the time but I always just feel so turned off and sad when I think about how I look. I feel like nobody could ever find me anything but repulsive. But I really want to fix this.

How has anyone overcome their self esteem issues?

Replies

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • DrScrappy
    DrScrappy Posts: 48
    Options
    No, but I can empathize totally and I really wish somebody would comment. Double bump.
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didnt think i was that bad untell i noticed i was sad all the time and didnt want to dress sexy or pretty or show off my body. add unemployment to that weight went so high. So recently i decided to just workout so i could feel sexy agian and want to look sexy. I totally know what u mean though i just dont want to show myself ever! Thats going to change! Boyfriends will always sayy u look great but really its a barrier ur gunna have to cross more then anything. kninda like fighting a dragon lol. but youll feel the sexiness feeling agian. if ur comfrable with urself then ull be able to show the new u in a new light. I lost a bunch a weight and before when i was younger but i never relized how much i weighed until i put on my first prom dress, lost 5 dress sizes, just from school track! something will open ur eyes to how beatiful u are, cuz girl u look great!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a work in progress so I haven't really figured a lot of that out just yet. Once I get pass my shyness things should get a bit better.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! When you feel good about yourself, you are able to transfer that to someone else. I used to not want to show myself to my husband because I did not feel attractive, even when he told me I was. Now that I feel attractive (whether anyone else thinks that or not), I am much more, shall we say, affectionate towards him. It's not how he looks, it's how I feel about myself.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Definately! I used to be very self concious and very shy and just generally bad at interacting with the opposite sex. Now that I am secure in myself (not just in my appearance either), talking to guys is easy.

It takes some time but it is definately worth it.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wish! I am the extreme opposite, unfortunately. I can tell you that no one notices your "flaws" whatever they may be, as much as you do.