Detox

Options
Has anyone tried a detox to jump start their weight loss? I was doing pretty well but I just lost track ...need to get back on....have not been eating the healthiest that is for sure...Thanks

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What does "jump start" mean?
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know my sister n law has done it years ago, I have tried but do not last long, but would love too do it to clean out my system, because like you I have not been eating right. Back in 2006 I lost over 50 pounds and did not eat sweets, I noticed when I introduced different foods I had not been eating like sweets, they made me sick. I truly think cleansing your body does work, just can not seem to get rid of the sweet cravings!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My liver and kidneys detox me 24 hours a day. "Detoxes" and "cleanses" are unnecessary and unhealthy.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In summer, i would do a detox by eating only watermelon. I do it for one to three days, and i lose a pound or two and feel energized! It happens that watermelon is one of my favorite fruits! But i somehow enjoy it more when i eat it separately from other foods. And it is so enjoyable only in hot weather.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My liver and kidneys detox me 24 hours a day. "Detoxes" and "cleanses" are unnecessary and unhealthy.

^^^ Agree! There is no need to detox. They are just a mind thing. They don't actually do anything to remove imaginary toxins from your body. That's why you have a liver and kidneys. If you eat healthy, clean foods, exercise and drink enough water your body will do it on it's own.

Most detoxes are not healthy and can damage your body
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you can always try doing a fruit cleanse... I've never personally tried doing that.. my sister does it once a month.. but I've notice that she breaks out with acne when she does it, and gets crabby, so it's probably not the greatest thing to do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^^ Agree! There is no need to detox. They are just a mind thing. They don't actually do anything to remove imaginary toxins from your body. That's why you have a liver and kidneys. If you eat healthy, clean foods, exercise and drink enough water your body will do it on it's own.

Most detoxes are not healthy and can damage your body

^^this. The best way to 'detox' is to eat heathily and drink plenty of fluids
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I am not familiar with detox...I usually see those things for sale and even on pinterest. Thanks again.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I am not familiar with detox...I usually see those things for sale and even on pinterest. Thanks again.

Forgive the generalization but in an effort to save you time and money:

I would, for the most part, scrap the idea of ANYTHING weight loss related unless it's a food scale. This includes pills, herbs, spices, ointments, injections, body wraps, detoxes, etc etc etc.

Here is a very basic ingredient list if you will:

1) Eat slightly less food than you need. In technical terms, eat slightly under your TDEE.
    2) Exercise regularly.
    3) Get rest when needed
    4) Repeat
    5) And disregard all the other bull****.

Just do the above. That's it.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Forgive the generalization but in an effort to save you time and money:

I would, for the most part, scrap the idea of ANYTHING weight loss related unless it's a food scale. This includes pills, herbs, spices, ointments, injections, body wraps, detoxes, etc etc etc.

Here is a very basic ingredient list if you will:

1) Eat slightly less food than you need. In technical terms, eat slightly under your TDEE.
    2) Exercise regularly.
    3) Get rest when needed
    4) Repeat
    5) And disregard all the other bull****.

Just do the above. That's it.

Bill approves :D

tumblr_lnp2wlaom31qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This post made me think of Micropoint. Thank you for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cphXq2WNM

"No more pain. No more sorrow. Detox tomorrow."
  • kfayjay
    kfayjay Posts: 7
    Options
    Just to piggy back...I agree! :) Regarding the liver detoxes naturally and basically doing these cleanses is a mental thing. Sorta like someone giving you a placebo pill saying that it is going to fix something and you have it in your mind that it is working when you really didnt take anything at all but believe you did and that it is working....just saying.