what to have for dinner

Options
We have very limited time for dinner tonight and I am virtually out of groceries, so we're going to have to pick up fast food. I've got stuff at almost every restaurant that I know I can have, but none of it sounds good.

I've got about 630 calories and 31 grams of fat left.....preferably I'd like to have enough for a small snack later, but using it all for dinner isn't that bad either. Any ideas?

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When I have no time for diner instead of picking up fast food(which takes at lest 10 minutes) I hard boil a couple of eggs and have chopped eggs in a glass and a piece of whole wheat toast. Done in 7 minutes and the protien keeps me full!
  • jmj82304
    jmj82304 Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe you could have a kids meal with the healthy side option so many are offering. I'm not sure if you have a Jack in the Box around but they offer grilled chicken strips and a side of fruit... its pretty good~ And much better than a cheeseburger or fried chicken strips...
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all we have in the fridge is condiments:laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    maybe Subway? or a nice salad somewhere?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could have a kids meal with the healthy side option so many are offering. I'm not sure if you have a Jack in the Box around but they offer grilled chicken strips and a side of fruit... its pretty good~ And much better than a cheeseburger or fried chicken strips...

No Jack in the Box, but I forgot about kids meals. A chicken nugget happy meal may not be the most nutritional, but it keeps me in my calories, sounds yummy and the chocolate milk is making me drool right now. Thanks!
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good idea on the chopped egg and wheat toast Daisy....I am so hungry for that now. I think I am definitely going to do that for breakfast tomorrow. That stretch between breakfast and lunch is sometimes tough for me....but I bet this would work. Thanks again! :flowerforyou: Sometimes we just forget the simplest tricks that can get us through. :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I like Subway. Usually get a 12" ham w/swiss and load up the veggies. Eat half for dinner and the other half is lunch tomorrow. About 350 calories if you skip the mayo and olives.

Some Taco Bell stuff is pretty good too, but salty. Regular hard tacos are like 150 a piece or something. Lighter if you go for the Al Fresco stuff.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i'd hit up taco bell! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    I know it's summertime, but maybe go to Wendy's and get a plain baked potato and have it with a small chili... little high on the sodium maybe, but delicious
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like wendy's myself. The ultimate chicken grill is very tasty and with a side salad and lemonade is easy on the calories. A total of 570 calories if you have Ranch dressing on the salad. Mmmm:wink:
  • lyndell44
    lyndell44 Posts: 2
    Options
    Arby's has some salads that you can get with Grilled chicken. I mix their dressing with lowfat balsamic vinaigrette, and that really cuts the cals in half.
    Good luck.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Quiznos is pretty good and their prices are cheaper now too! They have all their nutritional info online. If you do go there though I reccomend NOT getting the dressing on you sandwich!!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    wendys spicy chicken sandwich- (no fries or soda or tea) its like 440 and very filling